Air Con not working

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2012, 03:06 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Air Con not working

As above, stopped working just after syvecs was fitted. The light comes on when you switch it on but the air con pump dosn't start. When the ECU was fitted this was double checked and made sure it was ok, just assumed the gas was empty, as I had never had it topped up this seemed a likely scenario.

So had it topped up recently and also filled with a green dye so we could check for leaks. It worked for a moment then the air con pump squeaked a lot and now does nothing, but the light still comes on, the fuse is fine and there is no green dye anywhere in the engine bay that I can see.

Any ideas? I have been toying with the idea of just removing it but would prefer an easy fix especially with this hot weather recently!

Assuming it might be the pump or micro switch, are these easy to replace?
Old 09 June 2012, 01:44 PM
trogg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The green dye leak is meant to be checked for using a UV lamp rather than the naked eye.

Was it short of gas when it was "topped up"?

Was it checked to see if there was a leak before it was topped up and was the leak fixed?
Old 09 June 2012, 04:18 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Could be one of many things, relay, magnetic clutch, a/c control module............ all need testing.

When mine packed up on a forester it was the actual OEM ECU control circuit that had failed (relay coil earthing control)..................... Does the Syvecs have an A/C control input???

Old 25 August 2012, 01:35 PM
the bear1986
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did this ever get fixed as my air con has now stopped working. the belt spins the aircon pully, the aircon light switch lights up and i get the click when i press it but the cog in the middle of the aircon pully doesnt spin so am lost on why it doesnt work. is there anything i can do to see whats wrong?
Old 25 August 2012, 03:52 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by the bear1986
did this ever get fixed as my air con has now stopped working. the belt spins the aircon pully, the aircon light switch lights up and i get the click when i press it but the cog in the middle of the aircon pully doesnt spin so am lost on why it doesnt work. is there anything i can do to see whats wrong?
The air con clutch may need adjusting.........

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...ml#post1204685