Notices

Broken immobiliser/key fob & previous owner has changed Pin??

Old 26 May 2008, 07:55 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken immobiliser/key fob & previous owner has changed Pin??

any ideas how to get it started can it be over riden or does it have to go to subaru to reprogramme the fob?Ive replaced batteries but still no joy.

i got stranded today at a petrol station and had to end up towing it home the PIN in the security leaflet has been changed and ive no way of contacting the previous owner..any suggestions lads

car is a MY99 uk turbo impreza

thanks

Barry
Old 27 May 2008, 09:25 AM
apalmer
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate

I don't want t be the bearer of bad news and someone correct me if i'm wrong but you should have an m30 fitted to your car, a sigma right. Now if you don't have a working keyfob and you don't know the pin, and the previous owner re-set the pin from the records that Subaru have, and you cant get hold of the guy. You really only have two choices.

1. Sigma brain out, send it to TOAD and get it reset, This will cost a fair bit a sheckle because i looked into doing this myself. As far as i know there is no other way of resetting this unless they go back to the vendor. This is a good thing is most cases.

2. Unfortunately because of the inherent cost of doing the above you should also consider fitting a new alarm system.

If the battery died in the fob you should just be able to switch it but i guess you've tried this already.

@d
Old 27 May 2008, 01:09 PM
nerocircus
Scooby Regular

hoping I've read this right.

I too have a MY99 with the standard sigma fitted, and also didn't know my pin. Both my keyfobs did, however work. There is a way of resetting the pin and putting your own in, I found it somewhere on one of these forums and did it with mine. Unfortunately, at work at the moment and the info is saved at home (i hope!). I'm sure someone else can shed some more light on this, but if not I'll have a look when I get home. I'm guessing once you've done this, then you can follow the other instructions for making the keyfobs work with it?
Old 27 May 2008, 01:12 PM
nerocircus
Scooby Regular

oh, hang on.
You don't have ANY working keyfob?
If none working, then methinks you should ignore everything I just said, sorry!
Old 27 May 2008, 03:22 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

well panic over lads luckily i tried the pin again a few times and it worked!...its very sensitive to how u enter it short and sharp worked best dont push it for too long or it doesnt recognise it

so just have to go get the key fobs fixed/replaced or rest

cheers
Old 27 May 2008, 03:40 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Like this if you wanna change the pin.

Changing your PIN:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad: *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

Ensure your keypad is operational before you need it on a dark night!
If this is an intermitent problem, use of the keypad should overcome the problem. However, if the problem is more frequent it may be worth considering a new control unit - An SACC 3465 should cost in the region of £70 from a Subaru dealer and your existing keys can still be used.
Although installation may take around 30 minutes, do not pay over the odds for programming the system, as this can be done in 5 minutes using the keypad.
Old 27 May 2008, 04:12 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

cheers mate yeah went down to buy a new fob last year and they wanted 60 quid to programme it!....charged same as an hours labour the counts