Notices

97-01 Forester S-turbo upgrade to JDM Digital Climate control NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2008, 09:44 PM
guestandsons
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97-01 Forester S-turbo upgrade to JDM Digital Climate control NEED HELP!

Hello there, need some advice &help for any 97-01 JDM Forester owners (S t/b T t/b C t/b S20).
I have a 1999 S-Turbo love the car, green with spoiler/bull bar &JDM clear rear indicators.Its only 168bhp compared to the more powerful 215bhp JDM turbo foresters.Ive fitted & wired in power folding mirrors from JDM imprezas.(Had to strip the mirrors fully since a)JDM mirrors were not heated, b)Impreza's of a similar age have the same mirror- but a different stalk to bolt it on to the car.I sourced a JDM forester mirror switch from N.Ireland done!And very useful down narror lanes & parking on busy roads!
Next challange all JDM foresters have digital climate control, where the rest of the world had a very crude cable control system(cheap)!
Ive got the Zexel Digital climate control, now all I need the vents system with all the electric motors that operate the controls.
To all JDM owners.
Question: Do I need to change the fan as well?Or is it just wired in differently?
My Zexel fan(which is easy to see under the passanger foot well)is wired in as follows with five wires:
(from left to right)1 Black(+wire red strip),2 gap(unused),3 red,4 white,5 Black(-),6 blue.
What is your wiring position & colours?
Thanks Mark (Kent/East Sussex).
Old 22 February 2008, 10:25 PM
guestandsons
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=guestandsons;7666464]Hello there, need some advice &help for any 97-01 JDM Forester owners (S t/b T t/b C t/b S20).
I have a 1999 S-Turbo love the car, green with spoiler/bull bar &JDM clear rear indicators.Its only 168bhp compared to the more powerful 215bhp JDM turbo foresters.Ive fitted & wired in power folding mirrors from JDM imprezas.(Had to strip the mirrors fully since a)JDM mirrors were not heated, b)Impreza's of a similar age have the same mirror- but a different stalk to bolt it on to the car.I sourced a JDM forester mirror switch from N.Ireland done!And very useful down narror lanes & parking on busy roads!
Next challange all JDM foresters have digital climate control, where the rest of the world had a very crude cable control system(cheap)!
Ive got the Zexel Digital climate control, now all I need the vents system with all the electric motors that operate the controls.
To all JDM owners.
Question: Do I need to change the fan as well?Or is it just wired in differently?
My Zexel fan(which is easy to see under the passanger foot well)is wired in as follows with five wires:
(from left to right)1 Black(+wire red strip),2 gap(unused),3 red,4 white,5 Black(-),6 blue.
What is your wiring position & colours?
Thanks Mark (Kent/East Sussex).
[/quote]
Someone has answered my ebay want it now!Fantastic they have taken the whole system out of there JDM forester! So touch wood and **** loads of work swap it all over in my car.
I suspect there be a few more problems!
I come back to scoobynet if so.
Thanks for looking.