help please

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2008, 07:17 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

guys

finaly got the impreza running how it should after all the isses i have had.

just got one more thing!!!

it is really strange and happened last weekend for the first time and gain twice today so there is no pattern. but as the ar has been off the road and i have not been using it i can not tell if it will happen everyday as yet!

ok only seems to happen after the car has been run and turned off!

first time it happend i parked up at my mates house switched off and left it 5 min, second at a petrol station turned off filled up paid and came back, samething third time and forth time parked up set alarm went into a shop 5 min later came back and this happens!!

turn off alarm, get in the car, key in ignition turn on , all dash lights etc, defi start sequence, hear the fuel pump spin uyp then go to turn the key and nothing!!! nothing at all, all the lights still on but will not even turn over!!

dont think it is the alarm as its self as it is switching off by the fob, dont think it is the imobilizer as all the dash lights come on and more important the fuel pump spins/powers up i would of thought if it were the imobilizer the fuel pump woul dnot activate,

so does anyone have an idea what it could be or have had it happened to them before?

please need some pointers b4 i pay hours of labour whilst the yfault find etc.

thanks

steve
Old 21 February 2008, 05:54 PM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

immobilser circuit or earthing problem??

How do you normally overcome the problem or does it sort itself out???
Old 25 February 2008, 11:30 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

normally i try and style it out lol

i get out re alarm it and have a smoke or call someone and then try it again, cant say time but as long as it takes to smoke a cig casualy a few minutes

and in most cases it works first time

which is what i doen understand as it the car is onyl left for roughly the same ammount of time as i pay for petrol or something in a newsagents etc

really stuck with what to do, dont want to have a new alarm fitted and still have the problem and same with the ignition barrel plus new key etc

need some help
Old 28 February 2008, 09:24 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ok sounds like its not engaging the starter it could be that the connection where its been cut to immobilise the started has degraded or wasnt very good in the first place as these are thick wires and you need a good hot soldering iron to make the solder flux properly or it could be the ignition barrel its self not the lock aspect but the switching side of it on the back either way you need to remove the steering couling dont make a big fuss about trying to find it immedietly have a bit of a nose round for any obvious bad connections but its easier to wait untill the fault re occures and then see if you can pinpoint it by moving the wires that connect to the back of the ignition switch one by one so as to accertain the culprit !