Notices

Headlight removal

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2008, 12:55 PM
Pav
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight removal

Attempted a DIY de-tango on my blobeye last week, removed the front grill as advised, got all the relevant screws out, then I tried to remove the headlight, got a little movement but I was a bit nervous about giving it a good pull incase I broke anything. Is there a technique to getting them out? Maybe a certain direction to pull them? I read somewhere that it's a good idea to get to the light through the foglight hole, but the car has the PIAA drivers lamps and I don't fancy removing them

Cheers

Pav
Old 19 January 2008, 08:53 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pav
Attempted a DIY de-tango on my blobeye last week, removed the front grill as advised, got all the relevant screws out, then I tried to remove the headlight, got a little movement but I was a bit nervous about giving it a good pull incase I broke anything. Is there a technique to getting them out? Maybe a certain direction to pull them? I read somewhere that it's a good idea to get to the light through the foglight hole, but the car has the PIAA drivers lamps and I don't fancy removing them

Cheers

Pav
so long as the grill,2 plastic bumper rivets each side and the 3 bolts for each lamp are out just give it a pull by the wing to release the 2 small ball joints from sockets.
if it is first time out they can be a bit tight,i used a large screwdriver between the rear of lamp and slam panel to persuede the ******* to move
Old 19 January 2008, 10:32 PM
Pav
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyroper
so long as the grill,2 plastic bumper rivets each side and the 3 bolts for each lamp are out just give it a pull by the wing to release the 2 small ball joints from sockets.
if it is first time out they can be a bit tight,i used a large screwdriver between the rear of lamp and slam panel to persuede the ******* to move
I'll give it another go mate, cheers