Notices

blobeye headlight B*stard bulb

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2008, 02:53 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blobeye headlight B*stard bulb

hi all my offside headlight bulb has blown and went to the local motor factors and bought a bulb he asked me what car,year etc so i told him i then went home to fit it(finally got round to doing it today).
so i take that plastic water proof capping off and try and get the wire connector off but b*llocks can i ,so i think ill take the battery out so it will be easier still cannot disconnect that wire but managed to move that clip and then the bulb came straight out ,guess what its the wrong fecking bulb
THE SILLY FECKING RETARD and his book of useless information has made me waste half an hour messing about so ive had to put it all back together again and go back out tomorrow and get another bulb.
rant over what ever happened to the easy bulb change years ago my nearside sidelight works on and off i heard you have to take the headlight out to do that
how do you disconnect the bulb from that connector ?
im not that clued up on bulbs and electrics
ooooo my hands are red raw
Old 06 January 2008, 04:11 PM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

The dip bulb is H1 type and the main bulb HB3 or 9005 it is sometimes called. It is fiddly to do. I removed my battery to get much better access last week. The H1 only has a single wire with a spade terminal on the end which should just pull off, the HB3/9005 just pulls off too. I'm sure all this info including bulbs types are listed in the handbook, mine has it all listed. If you need to change a sidelight bulb then its certainly a headlight out job.
Old 07 January 2008, 07:16 PM
imf1
Scooby Regular

The connector also has a bit you have to press/squeeze to unlock it, its awkward but persevere mate. If your doing the sidelight do the other bulb then. Headlight out is quite easy, just de-tangoed mine and fitted Led sides and converted to Hid dipped beam, what a difference.