Notices

fitting fog switch and white dials..help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2007, 12:35 PM
codfather
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fitting fog switch and white dials..help needed!

Hi all, iv got an MY95 WRX Wagon and im fitting a rear OE fog switch and white dial kit..firstly does anybody have a wiring diagram for the switch for me to follow or any advice...And finally im looking to fit some white dials into my instrument cluster, i have removed all the screws but i cant get behind the instrument cluster to unplug the connections..so im lookin for adive on how to do this too..
Hopefully someone will be able to help me
Old 04 August 2007, 12:51 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

be very careful when removing the needles on the dials, I got thru a few sets of clocks before i got a set right,
The foglight switch is pretty easy, just make sure u pick up the live so it only comes on when the lights are on, u only have to run 1 wire from the back of the switch to the fog light, U can pick up the ground(-) locally.
hth
Brett
Old 04 August 2007, 08:28 PM
codfather
Scooby Regular

what i could do with is a wiring diagram..so i know which wires go where and i dont blow the switch or worse
Old 04 August 2007, 08:35 PM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

all u are after is a 12v feed to pass thru the switch to to the fog light,
Its 1 wire from the switch to the Fog a diagram wont help u, A 12v tester to find a suitable feed is more use to u IMHO.
Old 05 August 2007, 10:05 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

When I did my white dials I noticed that my rear fog light's 12v feed came off the loom for the dashboard lights, this way the fog light will only work when the dash lights are on which will also be when the car lights will be on :-)

Also with the white dial kit you do have to be very careful, my mate broke 2 of his needles, but he got some spares from the person who sold him the dials. The little metal pin that hold the needles on should stay in the clocks and the needles should sit on that, when I did my rev counter the little metal pin came out still on the back of the needle so now when I put it back it does not work!!

I have the blue lockwood kit and if you remember to take the covers off the little dash bulbs it looks really good lit up!!
Old 06 August 2007, 06:39 PM
codfather
Scooby Regular

cool, iv got some really useful tips their..just hope i can get my needles off in one piece
Iv got the lockwood white dial kit, did you have any more trouble changing the temp/fuel guages?
Old 07 August 2007, 09:13 AM
NickBes
Scooby Regular

The temp and fuel guages came off ok but it is not recomended that you take them off, its best to cut the old ones off and then tuck the new ones under the needles, like the instructions state. I did take mine off but before I put them back on I made sure I had a full tank of fuel and let the car warm up first and I put them on with the car runing so I knew exactly where to put them back on and they are working as they should now. If you put them back on in the wrong place the guages will not read correctly.