Notices

Bugeye Sti Hid Conversion on a UK300

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2007, 02:15 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Bugeye Sti Hid Conversion on a UK300

Following on from an accident involving a pair of ducks that broke one of my headlight lenses I have finally managed to get a pair of JDM Sti HID Zenons fitted to the car with no dramas, and no need for the hassle of getting the wiring looms.

This is merely to assist the searching on Scoobynet for others with Bugeyes as frankly there was little on these lights when searched for.

Basically I sourced a pair of HID's off a wrecked JDM STi at a breakers up north. They were sent to me the following day (minus the bulbs, slight hickup there but resolved by PowerStations superb staff) and drove it down to Cheltenham to have the experts at Powerstation fit them, as I needed lights at night urgently

The UK300 lights were seriously expensive so for half the price I went for the STi Zenons-which IMHO look better than the plasticy Hella/Prodrive conversion on the UK300

A few hours of labour down at Powerstation by the lads there, and some rewiring of the the charge packs (which were nicely drilled into the engine bay for me and secreted out of the way) I had lights I could see in the dark again with!

Suffice to say I think I have about 300% better vision at night now, and they look great

If you damage a UK300 all is not lost. Take the Zenon route, and while not cheap it works out around half the price of a pair of Prodrive lamps!

Thank you PowerStation