Notices

HARD WIRING A ORGIN B2

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2007, 12:28 PM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HARD WIRING A ORGIN B2

Took this out of my old car and want to install it to my 2002 WRX to sit in front of the ash tray.

How do I remove the trim to access the wires behind to power my origin? Has anyone else on here fitted an Origin B2 to there new age WRX?? Is it best to slice into the cig lighter power or is there a better feed I could use???

All help appreciated

Cheers
Old 07 March 2007, 07:41 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Open the drinks holder, undo the screw revealed, remove the cup holder. Now you can get hold of the trim that goes round the radio, just pull it at the cupholder hole and it gradually pops off a number of pop in clips round the edge. When it's loose undo two plugs (there's a tit half way along one edge you need to press down to release them) and undo the pipe (just pulls off) from the air con control box. Now you have a hole to work through. For more room undo the radio, 6 screws then loads of cables.

Ciggy lighter power is OK as it goes off when the ignitions off, it stays live when the ignitions off on my focus so would be no good for the origin. Or there's an ignition controlled power in the radio supply.

I've got an origin in exactly the same place on my MY04 STi, out of sight and mind most of the time, until when it bleeps when it's easy to see.

What have you done with the aerial? Put mine under the dash trim just in front of the clock. It can read the satellites quite happily thro the plastic dash and gives the ultimate stealth install.