Notices

Morettes - Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2001, 09:54 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Big thanks to everyone who answered my many questions about morettes. I now have them fitted and apart from looking great they seem to perform way better than the standard subaru lights, as was to be expected. just got to adjust the little blighters and it'll be perfect.

if you want to see pics then keep an eye on the members gallery as I'll post a link to the pics when I've got them up on my site (should be in about 1/2 hours time hopefully)
Old 27 November 2001, 08:07 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Question

Markus, your Morette conversion has got me thinking.

Currently I've got Cibies, which unfortunately haven't worked properly really since I've had them, but with the white covers make the car look a bit hardcore And I'm toying with the idea of changing the lights on the car. How do the Morettes compare with Cibies/PIAAs on the hi beam? Another question, how does the dipped beam compare between them and the standard lights, in my case UK standard?

Old 28 November 2001, 09:25 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Miles,
can't really comment on how the quads compare with cibbies/PIAA as I've not got a fog to driving light conversion.

As for dipped beam, well, that seems a hell of a lot better with the quads, which is probably due to a) having a seperate headlamp for it, and b) it having a way better design than the subaru one. dipped main beam is excellent and full main is like daylight.

if you were to combine the cibbies with a quad conversion then on full beam you'd have to get other drivers to wear sunglasses!

also if you found the quads were still not as good as you want then you could go the HID route, in an ideal, lottery winning world I'd have HID for dipped and full beam, but it ain't an ideal world.