Notices

Wiring diagram for WRX Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2006, 07:28 PM
Lee_1075
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring diagram for WRX Mirrors

Ive brought a set of mirrors for my classic WRX that have come from a JDM WRX (Thankyou Kev). Being as my scooby is a euro model it never had the wiring setup for the mirror folding function. Ive got the switch thats needed for folding the mirrors but by the looks of things 2 wires are missing from the loom in the middle console aswell as inside the doors. Would this just be a case of placing 2 wires from the switch to the mirrors or is it more than that?.

Were would the plus voltage come from? or is that already there as the mirrors can be electricly adjusted anyway? (that works fine).
Thanks in advance for any replys.
Or could someone supply a diagram?
Old 13 August 2006, 12:42 PM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Ive just done the same and was about to post a similar post!

All i need is a picture from the back of someones switch and a pictures of the wires for the mirror.

As an aside, how many wires do you have coming out of your switch and how many out of the mirror?

I have 10 from the switch and 6 from the mirror if i remember correctly. The strange thing is my mirrors have 2 wires going into one connector so essentially only 5 of the connecting slots are being used. Ive tried giving each of the wires a 12v supply to see if i can find which one does what but nothing happens.

Last edited by olliecampbell; 13 August 2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 13 August 2006, 05:52 PM
Lee_1075
Scooby Regular

Ive got mine sorted and they work perfectly, try the link out below.
Ive got 5 wires in the drivers door and 3 in the passanger door, the 3 in the passanger door are only for the electronic adjustabilty on the mirrors as are the top 3 wires in the drivers door. The bottom two are for letting the mirrors fold. You will need to lay two wires to the passanger door and two too the switch in your console.
http://www.northursalia.com/modifica...dmmirrors.html

Last edited by Lee_1075; 13 August 2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 24 August 2006, 01:42 PM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee_1075
Ive got mine sorted and they work perfectly, try the link out below.
Ive got 5 wires in the drivers door and 3 in the passanger door, the 3 in the passanger door are only for the electronic adjustabilty on the mirrors as are the top 3 wires in the drivers door. The bottom two are for letting the mirrors fold. You will need to lay two wires to the passanger door and two too the switch in your console.
http://www.northursalia.com/modifica...dmmirrors.html

Great thanks, so 2 wires from the switch to passenger mirror or from drivers mirror?
Old 07 September 2006, 07:27 PM
tyron.c
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by olliecampbell
Great thanks, so 2 wires from the switch to passenger mirror or from drivers mirror?
Read the webpage!
It shows you all you need to know

I hope to be fitting mine soon, that page has solved all my worries, need to paint them first though!

Anyone know how to dismantle for painting? I cant seem to get the mirror out without it feeling like its gonna break.
Old 11 September 2006, 11:55 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

JUST SOLD A SET OF DISMANTLED ONES ON EBAY TO GET THE GLASS OUT I USED A CABLE TIE I CUT SOME PIECES OFF TO USE as wedges gently push back plastic and insert wedges in then get a longer piece off cable tie and push in and run it around frame like taking a bike tyre of theirs two sticky pads run a knife down and gently cut these and mirror will pop out to reveal screws for backing plate remove that then the screws for motor are reveald when taking base plates off soak night before with plus gas or wd 40 as these will be tight get a good fitting philips and tighten a little first then unscrew these round off easily on left mirror i had to take out wire from plug as the block diddnt fit through hole make note of wires and run a pin down block to push back plastic lug holding wire to refit just push back in making sure pin is the same way round as you pulled it out ive got pics of wirein and blocks involved for runnin the two wires to each mirror the hardest part was getting it through the door loom takes a bit of time

hope this helps kip
Old 13 September 2006, 10:50 AM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Nice, i like it

You havent worked on Blue Peter before have you
Old 13 September 2006, 12:08 PM
KIPS
Scooby Regular

Location: ESSEX ...BORN AND BRED PETROL HEAD....................... MANS BEST FRIEND IS A ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

hello ollie
too much time on me hands find it easier to look at pics with less technical jargon to confuse me
have you got yours sorted?
kips
Old 14 September 2006, 01:52 PM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Not yet no, been doing to much work recently, but got a free weekend this weekend :-) Who knows if the missus doesnt take up too much of my time i might have time for the other distraction in my life!