PIAA lamp fitting/Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2001, 08:37 PM
ade7624
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi all
After spending the best part of this weekend fitting a PIAA driving light kit to my MY00, I can vouch to the fact its a killer of a job if you want it right.
The fitting bracket from Graham Goode if the business (pno.GGS093)
The main problem is to fit the lamps correctly you really need to remove the whole bumper.
The only way to adjust the lamps after fitment is to remove the wheeelarch liners/brakeducts and loosen the fitting nut, with the assistance of a friend.
The wiring harness supplid with the kit is of first class quality
and was a doddle to fit with all connectors supplied ( I did however resist the use of the "scotchlok" connector to connect the relay to the swith wire from the original fog light switch ( I hate them).
The job is now complete and the result is wonderful, Almost daylight driving conditions !!
And no wobble from the lamps
A friend recently fitted a Cibie kit and was dissapointed with the results.
Rant over
Time for a beer !!

Ade
Old 29 October 2001, 01:34 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Ade

There is a much easier way......

You should fit the PIAA mounting plates without the lamps, mark the lamp mount hole at the bottom centre of the bracket on to the bumper, remove the bracket, then drill a hole of 10mm or so in the bumper, then get a 32mm cone drill and *carefully* enlarge the hole to 25mm or so. You drill through the plastic and the original metal backing plate. The PIAA's then fit attached to the L shaped bracket they come with, and the nut at the back of them clears through the new hole. You can then remove the lamps in 60 seconds from the front by just removing the three screws and the lamp complete with mounting bracket - makes bulb replacement/adjustment a quick job.

[Edited by Dave T-S - 10/29/2001 1:36:11 PM]