Notices

FAO: Sigma Sam??Sigma Alarm Problemo?

Old 23 August 2005, 10:24 AM
ver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO: Sigma Sam??Sigma Alarm Problemo?

Hi,

Well just come back from a sunny holiday in Salou and need to sort out my scoob problem. (Car is a 99 uk spec with the sigma cat1 alarm)

Went to get my sunglasses from the impreza just as we were heading for Bristol airport and blipped the fob it made a poor chirp and I think the alarm siren started to sound but it was very quiet. Key were in my pocket so I might have activated it somehow) I tried to lock and unlock it with the fob and the chirps it made was really quiet and then I couldn't even unlock the car with the fob. (I haven't tried to use the key yet (at work now) but my thoughts were that the battery is flat. I'm just trying to get some idea before I go home tonight and end up calling the AA lol

Any Ideas?
Old 30 August 2005, 09:51 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ver
Hi,

Well just come back from a sunny holiday in Salou and need to sort out my scoob problem. (Car is a 99 uk spec with the sigma cat1 alarm)

Went to get my sunglasses from the impreza just as we were heading for Bristol airport and blipped the fob it made a poor chirp and I think the alarm siren started to sound but it was very quiet. Key were in my pocket so I might have activated it somehow) I tried to lock and unlock it with the fob and the chirps it made was really quiet and then I couldn't even unlock the car with the fob. (I haven't tried to use the key yet (at work now) but my thoughts were that the battery is flat. I'm just trying to get some idea before I go home tonight and end up calling the AA lol

Any Ideas?
Sorry, haven't noticed your post until now...
Does sound like a flat vehicle battery. The siren has a built in power supply, so it will continue to sound even if the vehicle battery is flat or the alarm system ECU loses it's power supply. The volume does decrease over time.
The CDL requires battery voltage to operate, as do the indicators to flash - were these flashing as they should? If not, then it sounds like you were listening to the battery siren whilst the alarm had no power supply.
PM me if you are still having problems.
SS