Turbo Timer Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2005, 11:41 AM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Timer Issues

Hey,

Have an HKS type 1 fitted to my MY03 WRX which has deadlocking and an immobiliser as standard.
The timer works fine, and shuts off the engine after 30 secs etc, I can't lock the car until after it's done this though, which means I end up standing around looking odd!!
Anyone got any ideas how I could modify the timer to automatically lock the doors when it turns off?
Old 05 July 2005, 01:11 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lock the door with your key. The locking and alarming issue, i.e you cant with the remote, is why insurance companies aren't keen on turbo timers.
Old 06 July 2005, 10:05 AM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Lock the door with your key. The locking and alarming issue, i.e you cant with the remote, is why insurance companies aren't keen on turbo timers.
Unfortunately, on a MY03, locking the doors with the key is not an option, as this also activates the deadlocking, alarm and immobiliser (I know it works on classics though, as it's what some friends do with their timer)

I was hoping that there was some way of making the unit kick out a +12v supply as it shuts down, and using this supply to activate the door locks (and hence the alarm etc)
Old 06 July 2005, 05:35 PM
bengsi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rallyfan1977
Unfortunately, on a MY03, locking the doors with the key is not an option, as this also activates the deadlocking, alarm and immobiliser (I know it works on classics though, as it's what some friends do with their timer)

I was hoping that there was some way of making the unit kick out a +12v supply as it shuts down, and using this supply to activate the door locks (and hence the alarm etc)
I've just had probs with my old clifford running with the turbo timer so had a new toad fitted by some of the top boys in the area, unfortunatly there was nothing they could do to get the turbo timer and alarm to work together, it was either put up with it or have one taken off. I sit in the car till the timers run down, you wont look as shifty as someone hanging round an empty scoob with the engine running!!!
Old 07 July 2005, 09:52 AM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

My old clifford is the same but sometimes it will let you arm sometimes it won't. I think it is how fast the relay clicks in when the ignition is dropped. too fast and the alarm thinks the cars still running......which it is.
Old 08 July 2005, 06:26 PM
boost junky 1
Scooby Regular

Dont know if this sounds daft to you guys but i dont have a turbo timer fitted, all i do is sit in the car engine idleing and start a cd an my radio which shows a digital timer for the track playing. Then depending on how hard iv been driving i wait between 1min if just been cruising for a short time. Or 3-4 mins if bin hammering it. Anyone else do this or just me ? I couldn't leave my car running and walk away !
Old 10 July 2005, 11:40 PM
bengsi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boost junky 1
Dont know if this sounds daft to you guys but i dont have a turbo timer fitted, all i do is sit in the car engine idleing and start a cd an my radio which shows a digital timer for the track playing. Then depending on how hard iv been driving i wait between 1min if just been cruising for a short time. Or 3-4 mins if bin hammering it. Anyone else do this or just me ? I couldn't leave my car running and walk away !
We dont walk away n leave em running! It's similar to what you do with your cd but i've got a nice new digital display on the dash! pimpin!!
Old 24 September 2005, 01:53 AM
Atlantis
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I have some experience in fitting turbotimers... In classics, you just have to find the wire that connects your alarm (aftermarket) system to the ignition and cut it!
In the WRX, there is also a wire to cut, similar to all WRX. I read it somewhere witch one it was, but now I can't find the article, but I have to, because i need to install one in a MY03

Regards
Old 24 September 2005, 02:11 AM
Atlantis
Scooby Regular

Hi m8s

Here it is for WRX:
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...p?threadid=228

hope this helps... I have to WRX fo fit turbotimers... This is how I will do it.

Regards
Old 11 October 2005, 04:07 PM
rallyfan1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Atlantis
Hi m8s

Here it is for WRX:
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...p?threadid=228

hope this helps... I have to WRX fo fit turbotimers... This is how I will do it.

Regards

Atlantis,

Does this definately work with UK Impreza's, the site you have linked to is for North American Spec cars?
Old 11 October 2005, 04:22 PM
Atlantis
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rallyfan1977
Atlantis,

Does this definately work with UK Impreza's, the site you have linked to is for North American Spec cars?
Hi,

At least in portuguese ones it does! I've fitted Blitz Turbotimers in a WRX and a WRX-STI last saturday, and it is wirking fine
If you have doubts, buy some conectors, if it doesn't work you can easly reconect it.
I have took all the info i needed to filt the TT in here, including the ignition wiring scheme to reproduce the harness that everyone talks about.