Notices

Electric Window switches.

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2005, 12:34 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Electric Window switches.

Small Catastrophe at the weekend. After tinkering with the tweeters on the stereo, (just swapping a wire to the -3db setting) I went to put the passenger window up and ...nothing...

Window stuck down - checked all fuses and none were blown so I suspected a faulty switch but when taking it apart to have a look it basically disintegrated into it's compenent parts. shortly after getting it back together I realised my mistake - when doing the drivers door I'd accidentally pressed the override button to lock out all the switches. So I piched the switch from one of the rear doors to put the window up and ...nothing... although this time I could hear the motor trying to lower the window further but absolutely nothing when trying to raise it back up.

Eventually my dad came and had the whole mechanism completely in bits, beleiving it to have physically jammed but no - wasn't that either.

So - whats wrong with it? Going to order a new switch from Grade A but is there any difference between the back and front door switches on an MY00?

Help. please.
Old 14 June 2005, 11:50 AM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul,
Not sure what it could be but IIRC I've a passenger door window switch somewhere in the depths of my garage if its any use.

I'll send you a PM with my mobile !

Chris