Notices

Turbo Timer settings

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2001, 04:41 AM
Brian Swan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a timer on my new aquired STi5.

Bearing in mind i usually have a couple of minutes of slow driving before parking the car at home and office, do you think a setting of 1 minute is okay?

I will fit a Boost Gauge in the coming weeks to see if it is active in different places to my last turbo car. For normal slow town driving is there a need, even, to wait?

thanks,

Brian
Old 07 October 2001, 08:36 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

If you always and that is always do the couple of minutes slow drive to your house 1 minute is plenty. But if you go elsewhere you may need 2 minutes, because maybe you won't have slowed down. I think not more than 2 minutes is ever needed.

Some turbo timers such as the Blitz dual turbo timer can be set on automatic and it works it out for you. If you get to your destination and you drive slow for a couple of minutes and you switch off the ignition, the turbo timer will switch off the engine after 10 seconds. if you drive heavy it will calculate how much longer your engine needs to idle and then switch off.

Cheers,

Wrexy
Old 08 October 2001, 05:40 AM
Brian Swan
Scooby Regular

Thanks.

The guy that had the car before had the timer on 4 minutes which i thought was excessive.

You have confirmed that my feelings were about right. I don't know how clever my timer is because all the instructions are in Japanese! I don't really think it would calculate anything different from the value i have entered in - now 1 minute.

Thanks again,

brian
Old 08 October 2001, 09:33 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

Yes, 1 minute will be fine. However if you give it a thrashing on a hot day and don't get a chance to drive it slow to cool down, change it to 2 minutes.

Cheers,

Wrexy.