Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Cheers mate.
Old 05 July 2001, 07:16 AM
neo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Chris i fitted one of these yesterday to a freinds wrx this is what i did,if you look at the instruction booklet and find your chassis range it will tell you the location of your ecu, most are under the passenger feet, under the carpet, and then under a metal plate, simply remove cill trim and lift the carpet up and remove the plate,On the ECU manual of the turbo timer if you look for your model code under the Subaru section of the manual, and look up your chassis code ie,GC8-?? and if you cross reference it by looking into the other columns you will find it says, ie diagramme C which relates to the location of your ECU and the connection required to get the speed sensor connected, ie block connector B third pin of right top row, and then you just bear back the plastic coating and solder the connection,sounds alot of work but its simple really, just take your time i fitted this one in about an hour start to finish, as for location most fit them on the steering column shrouds but i fitted this one into the aparature under the radio for neatnes,s its up to you on this one but you are limited for locations due to the wiring lenth,hope this helps and you should be able to decipher from the manuals even in japanease.
Old 05 July 2001, 12:16 PM
chrisnobbs
Scooby Regular

Question

Anybody fitted one of these? I've got the wiring harness from Racelogic but all the instructions are in Japanese. For a complete simpleton like me I need to know:

a) How to get at the ECU
b) What wire needs to go where on the ECU and elsewhere (especially if some don't just plug into the ECU)
b) Where is the best place to mount the timer (MY94)?

Any advice gratefully received. I am just praying this is easier than fitting Lockwood dials my previous Scoob DIY disaster!