turbo timer plus immobiliser

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 1999, 07:26 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello people,

More help needed. I want to fit a turbo timer. Anyone recommend one? This is not the problem.
Must have cat 1 alarm. I am going for sigma due to proven reliabilty. All cat 1 alarms automatically immobilise after a period (think this changes between alarms). If the immobiliser cuts in say, 30 seconds after switch off, the turbo timer becomes useless.

I am not sure if the immobiliser starts to count from when the ignition key is removed or from when the engine dies. If the latter, which circuit tells the immob. that the engine is still alive?

Could it be possible to make the turbo timer enable this circuit so that the immob. starts its countdown after the turbo timer has done its job?

I assume this has been addressed before but don't know how to overcome it. I will not be fitting either alarm or turbo timer myself, but details would be useful so I can pass them on.
Old 09 September 1999, 09:46 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

I have a Clifford Concept 300 alarm on my car, and my mate fitted a turbo timer in with it. I don't understand why it's useless if the immobiliser cuts in after 30 secs (mine still does) as it doesn't turn the engine off, only stops it being re-started. My timer can be programmed for ant time you need, I run mine for 1 min.

Hope this helps.

Stef.
Old 09 September 1999, 10:04 PM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi there,

Most of the modern alarms can cope with Turbo Timers. They are activated when the ignition is cut. As such will only arm when the turbo timer has counted down and died.

But it is always best when having an alarm fitted to get the timer fitted first. Or at least tell the alarm company you will be fitting one.

I'm looking at wiring in my mirrors to my alarm... cool

J.

ps - There are several Timers available..HKS, Greddy, Blitz (mainly Jap ones). Some have built in digital boost gauges. I have a Blitz one. To be honest they all do the same basic task and all operate in the same manor. Pity ya down in Essex - I would have given you a hand in wiring one.

[This message has been edited by firefox (edited 09-09-1999).]