Notices

FItting Philips Bluevision Sidelights

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 1999, 12:57 AM
mike_nunan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Had to do this myself on the weekend, and it's not exactly obvious what to do (thanks to Peter Croney for "illuminating" *me*)

Anyway, open the bonnet and remove the corner screw that secures the sidelight unit to the crossways pressing that runs across the front of the engine bay. Then pull the whole sidelight unit _firmly_ forwards. It should come free with a bit of a snap, and you can then get at the bulb holder at the rear of the unit. It's got a bayonet fixing. The bulb itself is a push-in type (with no metal end-cap) that looks a bit light an old fashioned camera flashbulb. Be careful when you pull the existing one out -- my one broke and nearly slashed up my fingers. This might've been because I was trying to turn it at first, tho'

-= mike =-
Old 03 September 1999, 08:57 AM
Richard Simpson
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Hi everybody,

As the owner of a WRX I have no manual and being a bit thick I can't work out how to get at the sidelight bulbs?

Is there easy access from under the bonnet or do I have to take the headlight out? Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

There is a lot of talk on different bulbs and I have found the Philips bluevision a very good compromise, with the added bonus of having similarly coloured sidelights included in the pack.

Thanks in advance for illuminating me (sorry)

Richard

Old 03 September 1999, 01:45 PM
Richard Simpson
Scooby Regular

Cheers Mike,

I kinda though you had to unscrew it and pull, but I lost my bottle when my gentle pulling didn't seem to work

Richard