Notices

Hella drive lamps fitted by dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2003, 01:47 PM
Absolute Shower
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I had the 1000FF lamps fitted by dealer over a year ago, and since then, the lamps have blown a fuse...20amp, at least twice. The dealers fitted them to the existing fog lamp cables (fuse for fogs only 15amp). Now, since the car is off the road, the lamps don't work at all - not had time to check the bulbs yet, but sure they'll be fine - and the fuse is okay.

Thinking of doing re-wire to relay direct from batt, and using on signal from driving beam (the legal method)...any ideas what might be causing lamps to not work now? Fog switch is working.
Old 22 December 2003, 02:23 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Fog swithch is working?? Do you mean it's giving power at the connector? If you haven't already, check this.

How on earth have you been using them for a year without having them relayed? Your dealer was remiss, not to mention lazy, fitting them as he has. Not only are they illegal, cause problems when in use, but the existing wiring for the fog lights, just isn't good enough for 100W driving lights. Shame on him.

Do a search on fitting lights to find out how to relay 'em, get it done, and enjoy them as they were meant to be.

Alcazar
Old 22 December 2003, 02:32 PM
Absolute Shower
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeh, switch is giving the 'on' single to std relay for fog lamps, but nowt happens. To be honest, I've only used them once or twice since they were fitted.

Dealer should of done better...as they charged me for 3 hrs work - from memory - which should of been for correct fitting. I could of fitted them like they are now in 30 mins!

Will do relay etc soon as weather is better. Car off road for now, so not major rush.