Notices

Prodrive lights on MY02 -beam problems

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2003, 05:46 PM
Brush
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got Prodrive lights (UK300 type) on an MY02 WRX. The main beams go high and to the left. Local dealer has spent an hour so far and adjusted them but not much improvement. On dipped beam the light is not very good either. Played with the adjustment switch 0-3 and this does not solve it.

Has anyone else had beam problems either on their UK300 or with Prodrive lights fitted to standard models?

I've picked up Chelspeeds' posting of 2 Nov about fitting a washer to the bolts, which may help.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm fed up with lighting up the trees and not the road but want the lights to stay legal.

Old 20 November 2003, 07:33 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Fraid not, my problem was beam too low (even on setting 0 on the adjuster), and the bolts are at the bottom of the light so the washers bring the lights higher not lower.

The top of the light are on plastic pins which pop into a socket. You could try putting washers over the pins before popping them into their sockets but by the time you've spaced them out more than a mm or so they won't lock into the socket.
Old 20 November 2003, 09:52 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Sounds like another well-designed Prodrive mod:
Alcazar
Old 20 November 2003, 10:31 PM
Brush
Scooby Regular

You may be right alcazar. It's a shame as I've invested in Xenon bulbs and had hoped that the road would now be well lit.

Maybe, as I live near Banbury, someone at Prodrive will notice this thread and make a comment? Cannot believe that what should be a really good set of lights, with some good bulbs in them, are such a challenge!!

Old 21 November 2003, 08:30 AM
ZIPPY
Scooby Regular

They do take time and patience to get right but you can do it,get it close to a nice flat fence panel which you can see the complete light projection against and start from scratch, the dealer has probably just fiddled with the first adjuster he found.

It will take around an hour to get them right but dont expect wonderfull things as the Prodrive lights are quite poor at doing what they are meant too.

I've driven my mates MY01 with them on and i thought i had no lights on,my MY01 has Morettes with the new HID type bulbs and my lights are fantastic.

Zippy
Old 23 November 2003, 07:37 PM
Lee uk300
Scooby Regular

I have recently dismantled/refitted my prodrive headlamps. Before fitting the complete unit back into place i wound the 3 adjusters on each lamp unit to 1cm of thread showing from the bottom ( ball and socket end). when i used the beam setter, i found the lamps to all be in the right position. hope this helps..
Old 24 November 2003, 09:46 AM
Brush
Scooby Regular

Thanks Lee. I'll give it a go if it stops raining.