Notices

UK300 lights

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2002, 09:03 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the headlamp adjusters work for these lights? Is the adjustment dial inside rendered redundant with these lights fitted ?

Yorkie
Old 10 November 2002, 10:30 AM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Yorkie,

I've been told that they are effeectively plug&play i.e. same as std lights with all functions which is why I'm going for a set rather than WRC lights which aren't without a bit/lot of messing around with the wiring

Suppose best way to get answer is from a UK300 owner... (not me - only std WRX)

Apple
Old 11 November 2002, 08:40 AM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Thats what I thought, but after having a set fitted the adjusment isn't altering the position of the lights but I can hear the motor whirring away
Old 11 November 2002, 08:48 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Partial answer (as an ex-300 owner)

Can't say I ever tried the adjustment (it might not actually be in the UK300 as I usually try each button at least once ). I have washed the things on many occaisons and would be very surprised if that adjustment would work - it all looks very static !

Hope this helps !
Old 11 November 2002, 10:20 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Yorkie,
The adjustment does work.What you may find (As I did) was that if your car's really close to say a garage door/wall then it looks like the adjustment doesn't work.Pull the car further away though and it's a different story.
This is what happened to me on the night I fitted my Prodrive headlamps in the garage......

Hope this helps?

Nick
Old 11 November 2002, 01:24 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for that Nick, thats exactly how I tried; right up to the garage wall. I'll try further away then. I must admit the units do appear very static.
Old 11 November 2002, 02:02 PM
Grahamwrx
Scooby Regular

Fitted some of the uk300 lights at the weekend, fairly strait forward except for changing the plastic adaptors for the level motor terminals.
The instructions described removing the (car loom)terminals from a redundant socket with the aid of a pin and re-inserting them into a new adaptor.
After many failed attempts with the pin I decided to pull the wires out from behind using thin nose pliers, although needing some force this was achieved without any damage !

While fitting the lights to the car I did find that where the adjusting screws and motorised screw fit into the main headlight body, far too easily become detached, requiring them to be re inserted (being just a push fit plastic plug). Not sure how rugged a design this is and wondered if anybody else had had problems with the lights becoming loose ?
Is gluing these adjusting screw mounting plugs a sensible option ?

Graham
Old 11 November 2002, 08:48 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Question

Graham, have you declared the lights to your insurance co. if so what was the hike in premium like ?
Argueably these are a dealer fit option at the time of purchase so are they classed as a modification as such ? even though we have retro fitted.

Yorkie
Old 11 November 2002, 09:30 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yorkie,

I mentioned to Tesco that I was going to fit them and they said just to inform them when I did and they'd add it to my notes as there isn't a specific box to tick on the computer to denote an upgrade hence no premium hike - let's hope they stick to their word when I tell them - I've had two-faced answers before [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Apple
Old 12 November 2002, 03:16 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Apple

Thanks for that. You won't regret fitting them, they transform the look of the car. Very pleased with mine

Yorkie
Old 15 November 2002, 12:50 PM
steve77
Scooby Regular

I've had to adjust the lights on my UK300 on several occaisions to get the best from them. The dealer had a go to but failed originally. Has anyone come up with an easy way to adjust them? The adjusters are difficult to get to
Old 15 November 2002, 01:47 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

From what I can see the adjusters are tucked away under the panel. With a pair of needle nosed pliers it may be possible to adjust them. I reckon the only way to improve lighting on these cars is to add driving lights in place of the fogs. Prodrive kits are available from TSL I think (cheaper than main dealer). If I did a lot of night time driving out of city / town limits (which I don't) I wouldn't hesitate at fitting them.

Yorkie
Old 21 November 2002, 12:02 AM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Steve77

How did you get on with the adjustment?

I fitted some UK300 lights to mine with the HID kit and they were set low - had them to dealer to adjust with beamsplitter and they are a bit higher but nothing like the wonderlights peeps are making out on other threads - they seem to give a weak / watery blue light about 5/6 yards on road with big swathe up verge / houses. Only see an improvement with out any street lights and then don't feel confident over approx 40mph as I can't see very far on country lanes.

I have to be within approx 5 yards behind a car in traffic to see them on the back of their car

I've read somthing recently about having the angle of the projector bulb set right but haven't found the thread again yet... Does this just alter the rotation of the beam projection or can it alter the amount of light?

Not overly chuffed at the moment...

Apple