Notices

How easy is it to extend battery cables etc?

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2002, 05:58 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Yes i no it is an electrical question or wotever but i kud use a quick answer since my battery is on it's last legs & dont wana push my luck too much
Anyway i am now running a few amps & wot with winter etc my bog standard battery is about 2 croak on me So i was looking at getting 1 of these dry cell deep cycle jobbies (which sure aint cheap) which can charge quick & put up with sizable abuse it would seem Sadly thou the batteries a local scoob type garage have got into try have all had terminals on the radiator side of the battery & as a result there doesn't seem 2b enough cable spare currently (is that an elctrical joke ) 2 reach these terminals on such meaty batteries. So not sure if it is party cause of the cabling running to the amps etc or whether it is just the standard cable set up that dont reach but GETTING 2 THE POINT: how easy is it to extend, elongate or stick a coat hanger inbetween the cabling so it will reach the damn terminals?
Help please i wana meaty battery but i just dont have the length at the minute
Si
Old 08 November 2002, 07:53 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Si
Subaru dealers normally fit a heavy duty Varta battery as a replacement which does fit straight in.
Old 08 November 2002, 09:38 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

extending cables is easy as are most things if u know what ur doing, if u dont take it to a decent ice shop and theyll do it
Old 08 November 2002, 10:17 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

I take it that goes 4 the standard cables going 2 any1s battery rather than just the ICE leads as i'm not overly sure exactly which it is that is preventing the erm connectors (i no all da terms u c ) from reaching what might be the terminals?
Sounds promising thou although i have kum acropper with that easy description b4 lol
Si
Old 13 November 2002, 09:32 PM
doctor CLIFFORD
Scooby Regular

Hello mate give me a ring i can get you a deep cycle battery that will fit straight in without messing with cables 07966394036 Rich!!
Old 13 November 2002, 10:02 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

Buggery m8y just got a standard exide typa battery since me last un woz on last legs! Roger Clarkes did manage 2 get a deep cycle un that'd fit but it was the buyakashan starting battery rather than mamoth drain type which woz wot i woz seeking due 2 many an amp thing mullering battery after a few mins use without engine on like. Anyway figured if i was spending best aprt of £200 i shud get wot i really wanted so failing that i just went with standard £45 jobby in the mean time
Wot sort wos it u can get with terminals right way round as i had bugger all joy with with orbital, optima or exide deep cycle uns with terminal in right place on the battery i wanted?
Si
PS gora talk 2 u about a certain other GB thing n all at sum point like