Notices

Adjusting Classic Shape Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2002, 01:46 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

On my MY94 there are thumbscrews which go into the electric motor on the back of the headlight units, Which must be for headlight adjustment from within the cabin. My bulb holders are lose & you can rattle the bulb holding assembly, Are the thumb screws for adjusting the Up & down or for the drive take up in the electric motors.
Thanx

Dean
Old 07 November 2002, 03:24 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

They're for adjusting up and down. Make sure you set the device inside the car to it's highest setting, (zero) b4 you do the alignment.
The bulb holders shouldn't be loose. Are you sure the bulbs are seated properly, that the springs are engaged properly, and if all else fails, take the light unit off, and bend the springs so that they hold the bulbs firmly.
A rattling bulb will not earth properly, leading to loss of light, and possible premature failure, not to mention that if it isn't seated properly, it may affect the alignment.
Alcazar
Old 11 November 2002, 12:03 PM
DeanF
Scooby Regular

Talking

Found the motor arms that attatch to the bulb/reflector assembly had popped out of there locating holes which should pull & push the reflectors for up & down adjustment Popped these back in & not only can i adjust manually but the Switch in the Cabin also works. Great.

Dean
Old 11 November 2002, 02:04 PM
ScoobyDuck
Scooby Regular

yep! that's the problem ! they are very prone to doing that! specially when you change the bulbs, they pop out !

had to replace the whole light on mine as it kept poping out & the adjuster just made my car wink at everybody !!

Steve