Notices

flickering light on a 94 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2002, 01:16 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

Just picked up my car last week (first scoob).. i've noticed that the lights seem to dim/flicker a little.

The headlights noticably dim when the brake is pressed/brake light comes on.

They also seem to go up and down in brightness a little when the car is cruising at constant rpm. When they dim there's a very slight click from behind/below the dash that sounds like a relay, then they gradually get brighter again after about 5 seconds.

I thought it might be the climate control or something else kicking in that was draining some current so i turned the everything else off completely. The lights still dimed and the click was still there.

Do i have a bad earth/dodgy relay/bulbs or something or is it another of thoses "they all do that" things?

cheers,

Marty.
Old 01 October 2002, 02:18 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm, never had that, I too have MY94 WRX Wagon. I did have probs over the weekend with my lights failing, due to there being an extra headlamp loom, due to the jap owner having had some additional lights on the car that were removed before i got my hands on it.

if you can hear a clicking then it does sound like a relay, and it's possible it might be on it's way out.