Notices

Update my lights !!!

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2002, 11:56 PM
CataIunya
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am quite new to this side of modding....
I wanna upgrade my headlights whats the best bang for buck route for just upgrading the bulbs in my headlights ? What are the best bulbs a I quite like the blue tinted ones.

Also what are the differences between driving lights and fog lights IE could I change the bulbs in my front fogs to make them driving lights or would I have to change the lenses to ie new lights altogether.

Thanks for the sage advice....
Old 30 September 2002, 11:44 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Headlights: You can uprate the bulbs. There are different routes, even for this: Philips Vision Plus,50% brighter, are quite good, and you don't need to uprate the wiring, or use a relay.
You can buy bulbs up to 130W, but they are dear, and you WILL need to uprate the wiring by inserting new wires, a relay, and a fuse. These bulbs are marked "off-road use only".
Next comes the quad conversion from Morette. Gives you the same H4 bulb for main and dip, with an extra light for main beam.
I have these, and they are pdg, but see below.
Foglights/driving lights: Sorry, but you can't change the fogs for drives by changing the bulbs. It's the lens unit, and the reflector that make the change. The OE Scooby fogs are a waste of time IMHO. You can change them for drives, but expect to pay anywhere from £200 up to £700.(!!!!!)
Prodrive do a PIAA kit, Scoobysport do a Cibie kit (prob best value for money), or, if you feel flush, go for the ultimate: Scoobysport do an HID kit: that's what I have, and it even makes my Morettes with the Philips Vision Plus bulbs look yellow and dim!!!!
Finally: be a bit careful with Blueish bulbs. There are quite a few to choose from, but not many that give any more light, and some that are actually worse![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Hope this is of use?
Alcazar