Notices

HID Upgrade Kit For H1 Bulbs Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2002, 12:47 PM
BDF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacey Boy,
Thanks for that - Just gave it a try, but failed.
My internet connection wizard thingy wants me to identify the names of my incoming and outgoing server names (I'm at work)
Not being particularly computer minded, I stumbled at this hurdle, cos I havn't got a clue !!
I dont suppose you or anyone else for that matter knows what autolamps e-mail address is so that I can send janet an e-mail the way I normally send them.
Sorry to be so thick,
Tim

[Edited by BDF - 10/2/2002 12:48:56 PM]
Old 27 September 2002, 11:39 AM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Guys,

I looks like I can get together a group buy with the HID Light Kit from Autobulbs, the standard price is £380 delivered but will be getting better prices depending on how many scooby's wana do it.

Ever seen Mercs and BMW's with very very white bright lights, well thats HID

Place your names here....

[Edited by Jacey Boy - 9/27/2002 11:40:01 AM]
Old 27 September 2002, 01:00 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Jacey Boy: H1 bulbs? Are we talking new age here, as my '98 has H4 bulb in the main/dip, and H2 (I think) in the main beam?
Old 27 September 2002, 01:20 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Cool

You can have what you want mate, they do the kits for H1, H7, H4 etc, dont know if they are all the same price though.
Old 27 September 2002, 01:25 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Jacey
Be careful - some H1 HID kits are designed properly with a dedicated H1 capsule/plug/loom, some are a modified one from a different fitment. Assuming they are the former, I may be interested....
Old 27 September 2002, 01:39 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Dave,

Go to www.autolamps-online.com and have a look, they are pukker Phillips HID kits, come complete with new capsules and fit straight into the existing lamp.

They are a bargain
Old 27 September 2002, 01:57 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Jacey
It's ok if that's where you are buying them from - that's where I got my original info from last year!
Old 27 September 2002, 02:05 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Jacey
Just one other thing (and not trying to poo poo your idea, just ensuring we all get what we want ), have you checked it has the correct plug on the ballast, or an adaptor, so it will plug straight into the STi loom? - or does it just pick up on the two spade connectors on the back of the H1 bulb as at present?
Old 27 September 2002, 05:53 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dave,

I think it fixes straight onto the spade connectors, but will find out for sure, watch this space.............
Old 27 September 2002, 07:48 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

C'mon Jase ffs, get it sorted

Put me down, no time to txt you back today, not all of us have your life of riley, some of us have to work you know

Make sure its idiot proof too, cant be arsed with doing something too tekky.
Old 27 September 2002, 10:33 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Goon Mate,

Come on, its me!! you know it will be a good kit!!
Old 28 September 2002, 10:11 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Interested if it will fit STi7. They use I think H1 bulbs for dip and 9005 for main or something like that. I think the problem may well be space. On the air inlet side space is very tight around the back of the headlight unit. Obviously the ballast unit can go off to one side cos it's on a cable but the bulb (is it still called a bulb?) must take no more space than a standard one or it won't fit.
Old 28 September 2002, 04:58 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Chelspeed,

It will fit the STi 7, thats what I have got mate, when you take the H1 bulb out it WILL fit into the existing space no problem.

What is in your H1Xenon/HID kit ?

Lamps 2x D2 envelopes custom fabricated to exactly fit ,with no modifications, where the halogen lamps come out. Optically adapted to the halogen reflector and lens

Electronics 2x LVQ212 ballast and starter inc.high tension electrical connectors. As used for original equipment

Wiring Custom made for your car. All the correct connectors. No cutting, no messing, no visits to the electrical store. Each joint and cable is fully shrunk wrapped and insulated
Volt 9-16volt
Watt 35w
Base H1X
DOT NO
ANSI NO
ECE NO
Old 28 September 2002, 11:37 PM
lanky
Scooby Newbie

Sign me up mate, I'll go for a set.
Old 29 September 2002, 11:23 AM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nice one,

So thats

Jacey Boy
Big Goon
Maybe Dave T
Lanky

Just have to get the confirmed price.......
Old 29 September 2002, 07:20 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well I had this email today..............

Hi Jason,

Janet has passed this through to me as she is aware that I have been a member of Scooby net for over a year now. There are now many kits on the market so I thought it may be useful, to get a little extra information on our company to help you put this group buy together.

I worked for Valeo the French lighting company for 7 years and joined Philips Automotive Lighting in the mid 1980’s to help develop the discharge technology for cars. In those days it was known as MPXL (Micro power xenon light) and was first shown in the UK in 1986 to Jaguar cars at Gaydon, the Rover test track. A number of International working groups were set up to set the specification and global standards for this new technology and the main groups were the Vedelis and Eureka projects. The main members of these groups were the Set Makers (headlamp manufacturers) and the lamps makers (Philips and Osram). I worked on this project for many years and the first lamps were sold in 1992 to BMW. The product was the D1 and they were hand made in the Aachen factory and at that time we could make approx 50 lamps per day. The decision was made in 1993 to invest in mass production line and in 1995 this line which is the most advanced discharge lamp making line anywhere in the world began producing lamps. The capacity today of the Aachen factory which is the only facility worldwide to mass produce these products is 10 million pieces per year on two lines. I worked 3 years in Hong Kong setting up the Asian market and for the last 7 years was responsible for the 19 countries in Europe forming the core of the Philips Automotive Sales worldwide. You can see therefore that with my background and access to the Philips Empire we believe we offer the best and most cost effective HID kit on the market today. Many kits are sold with cheaper components sourced in Asia, mainly Taiwan and Korea but our kits are 100% Philips components made in Aachen Germany. Our products are made on exactly the same production facility as the lamps used in Audi, BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus for original equipment.

You can see from the site that we offer two products the 4100K or the 6000K lamps. The rest of the kits are identical. Included in the kits are the two rebased lamps and available in H1, H3, H4, H7, 9005 or 9006 configuration. The colour temperature choice is down to the individual. The 4100K is the lamp used for the OE market and gives approx 3500 lumen. The 6000K lamps gives a much bluer headlamp colour and many people prefer this as its looks very distinct but light output is 20% less. I guess its either performance or style, the customers choice. There are two harnesses with all the connectors already fitted so the wiring is literally 4 connections. The kits is completed by 2 Philips ballast as used on the BMW OE fit and a full set of fitting instructions with photos is included. The kits are shipped by UPS and will arrive the morning after the order has been processed with a fully traceable delivery system. The whole kit is backed by a 1 year manufacturing defect warranty and all the details are here

http://www.autolamps-online.com/terms.htm

You will also I am sure be asked why they are for Off Road use only. Well to be fully legal in the UK your car has to have an automatic headlamp leveling system and a wash facility. This is not possible for the aftermarket so as such the kits are sold only for Off Road use.

We have done approx 50 group buys so far and all have been very successful with many happy customer. If you would like some examples this is the latest GB we have been involved with

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=444535

You can follow the thread.

How it works is as follows.

You have to create a pass word and the most obvious is SCOOBYNET. The guys from your forum place their order on line and send us a email stating that they have purchased a kit and give us the pass word so we can see that they are part of the GB. We set a close date on the GB which is made clear to all concerned. When the date is reached we can send you a list of all the buyers and dependent on how many guys you get we give the refund directly back to the credit card they used for the purchase. The discount is as follows

0-20 kits 10%

20+ kits 15%

These discounts are applicable to any kit and configuration but not to the halogen lamps or kit components purchased individually i.e. just lamps or just ballast. If you get more than 30 kits in your GB we will give you your kit free of charge for organizing it. The members will be asked to sign a disclaimer stating they have been purchased for off road use only.

If you have any other questions please come back to me. Good luck !

Regards

Nick

Managing Director

So, we need at least 20 people to get 10% discount, i.e. for H1 kit will be £342 each delivered or for the brighter more blue light(6000K Kit) £421.20. So come on guys get your names down, it doesnt matter what kits you have, but make sure you visit www.autolamps-online.com first to see what kit you need

[Edited by Jacey Boy - 9/29/2002 7:32:43 PM]
Old 30 September 2002, 01:39 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Jacey

If these are presumably being sourced from the States, how do you get around paying import tax on them?

If all UK taxes are paid in the price, bung me down for a 4100k H1 kit

[Edited by Dave T-S - 9/30/2002 1:42:41 PM]
Old 30 September 2002, 01:51 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Dave,

Stop worrying mate, all taxes are paid and they are delivered next day to you.

BUT!, we need 20 people min to do this, & I have a feeling we aint gona get em
Old 30 September 2002, 02:09 PM
Autolamps
Scooby Regular

Guys,

Thought I may be able to help by answering directly. Firstly the discount is applicable from 0-20 kits so no need to get all 20, although that would good. Secondly we are based in Chester , England so the fear about taxes is not applicable!!!

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask them here on the forum

Nick
Old 30 September 2002, 02:21 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nick,

Excellent, I obviously read your email wrong, I will be placing my order then
Old 30 September 2002, 02:40 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

They got my vote, nice to see somebody that knows about the product, rather than just distribute it.

Same as DTS please Jason .
Old 30 September 2002, 02:42 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Goon,

Get back to work!

You heard the man, place your orders at www.autolamps-online.com and then send an email with our password: SCOOBYNET and once the date of 15th October (shall we say?) we will get a refund of £38 back on our cards
Old 30 September 2002, 03:55 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

So what would the price be for a dualH4 kit?? (high & low beam)
Alcazar
Old 30 September 2002, 04:05 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think for the H4 kit, £344 -10%, but Nick please confirm?
Old 30 September 2002, 05:47 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Right Chaps,

I have placed my order quoting the password of SCOOBYNET, now the rest of ya can do it, be advised that the closing date for this group buy will be 31st October 2002, so hurry up to get your 10% discount!

[Edited by Jacey Boy - 9/30/2002 11:49:00 PM]
Old 30 September 2002, 06:13 PM
Autolamps
Scooby Regular

The Hylow H4 kit has exactly as it says both the low beam and the highbeam function. This is achieved by moving the arc of the lamp.

The regular price for this kit is £408 for the 4100K and £499 for the 6000K. The GB price with would therefore be £367 and £449 respectively.

Nick
Old 30 September 2002, 07:19 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

Erm, I'm thick as pig ****, so on my STi7, it needs the H1 lamps, but I would also like the Hi/Lo beam jobbies for night time, but only H4 Hi/Lo is listed, help plz

Just to double check, these upgrade the dipped beam, not the main beam ? but the hi/lo does both in a single lamp ?

[Edited by Big Goon - 9/30/2002 7:23:39 PM]
Old 30 September 2002, 11:47 PM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Goon,

You are thick as S*it!, the H1 is the dipped beam bulb, thats the only lamp that you need to be HID, your main beam is good as it is!
Old 01 October 2002, 12:23 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

I was working up to changing both H1 dip and 9005 main beam to HID on my STi7. Isn't that even better?

By the way, does the dip stay on all the time, ie is main beam dip plus main beam, with the standard STi7? Why I ask is that the HID take a couple of strikes to get up to full brightness, if you go dip to main and dip goes out instantly won't you be in total darkness while the main beam sparks up? Then when you go main to dip more darkness while dip starts up. I had a VW passat with HID dip and it worked like this, dip stayed on all the time. I guess you could fairly easily rewire the dip to do this but it does go against the principle of direct swopping of components.

I am planning a major investigation on the drive tomorrow am but thought someone else might know.
Old 01 October 2002, 08:51 AM
Jacey Boy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chelspeed,

I am 100% sure that the H1 bulbs stay on why you have main beam on, HID will be on all the time when using your dipped beam

Quick Reply: HID Upgrade Kit For H1 Bulbs Group Buy