Notices

rain light

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2002, 02:09 AM
meebs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

First off, apologies, as I can’t search and I’m sure this topic has been hashed to death.

After driving home in the most abysmal conditions I have ever been in, rain wise… I thought the red rain light may be a good idea to protect my rear end. Do you fellows have to put that mod together yourself? Or is there an easy kit you can buy? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 30 June 2002, 10:14 AM
KenG
Scooby Regular

Here in the UK they are fitted as fog lights, and for most of the time that is what they are used for. There is nothing worse than following someone who because there are a few spots of rain decides to put his rear fogs on. Trust me, you will pi$$ off any following driver. Really heavy spray that is as thick as fog on the freeway maybe, but not just because it rains.

All cars in the UK must have rear fog lights, so they are standard on all UK sourced cars, including Scoobs. Imports have to have them fitted to pass our tests and be allowed on the road.

Ken
Old 30 June 2002, 10:31 PM
meebs
Scooby Newbie

Red face

Really heavy spray that is as thick as fog on the freeway maybe, but not just because it rains.
Yes I guess I should have been more clear apparently, when I said abysmal... as in, I couldn't see more than 30-40 meters ahead on the freeway. Concrete freeway's are horrible when it comes to standing water. That's why I thought it would be a good idea, and was just wondering if there was a simple kit i could buy...

I imagine I could figure something out on my own....Thanks anyway!