Notices

Reversing camera

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2017, 03:31 PM
seanvx
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reversing camera

Hi can anyone help I wired up a camera today to my alpine head unit it only had a earth and 12v witch I wired both into the reverse bulb it all works but it doesn't come on when I put it in reverse , I have to click on the camera button on the head unit . Also if I press the camera button first there will be no picture until I put it in reverse witch seems weird.
Old 07 January 2017, 06:14 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seanvx
Hi can anyone help I wired up a camera today to my alpine head unit it only had a earth and 12v witch I wired both into the reverse bulb it all works but it doesn't come on when I put it in reverse , I have to click on the camera button on the head unit . Also if I press the camera button first there will be no picture until I put it in reverse witch seems weird.

why is it weird? There isnt power to the reverse light until you put it in reverse, so if the camera is wired to that then there is no power to it?
Old 07 January 2017, 06:33 PM
seanvx
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Because it works as it should if I press the button for camera first but it will not do it if I just put it in reverse
Old 07 January 2017, 07:08 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seanvx
Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
why is it weird? There isnt power to the reverse light until you put it in reverse, so if the camera is wired to that then there is no power to it?
This is what I mean....