Notices

Knackered something - Dont know what !!

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2016, 07:15 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Knackered something - Dont know what !!

long story short I thought I would have a 'go' at fitting a rear foglight to a 99 GC8. I pulled down the bottom part of dash under the steering wheel in search of a +ve to feed for the fog switch. Now somehow whilst searching with a tester / scope thingy I 'may' have sent a -ve into the white plug as pictured. This 'had' a +ve when the ignition was on however now it doesnt

Faults are: No lights on dash when ignition is on (Check engine / abs / mileage etc..etc..). Also when ignition is now on the radiator fans are on straight away. Also electric windows not working either. All because of the above.

If I put a live to the same plug then all the dash lights come on and windows work. However if the live is direct then the lights remain on even if ignition is switched off..!

I am presuming I have blown a fuse / relay however I have check under the bonnet in the fuse box and all are ok. under the dash (as pictured) all are working apart from fuse No 18 has no power going to it. The fuse in it is fine however no power reaching it and as the fuse cover has jap writing I dont know what this fuse is controlling.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated and suffice to say the last time I try to DIY anything

Raf

Sorry for the rotated pic !

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/...psnxetcrdx.jpg
Old 16 May 2016, 08:46 PM
Mpathe
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there power at all other fuses? I think fuse 18 is for the sub fan

Also in your picture the fuse you have arrowed is fuse 13 not 18, which fuse has blown?

Last edited by Mpathe; 16 May 2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 16 May 2016, 09:13 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Cheers for the reply. The fuse I have pointed to is the one with no power. I 'thought' it was No 18 will check again tomorrow and yes all the rest of the fuses are fine and have power to them.