automatic headlight beam leveler- warning light

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2015, 09:28 PM
waka
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default automatic headlight beam leveler- warning light

Hello.
I bought hawkeye wrx. It is in superb condition but on dashboard i have warning light- like in thread.
Lights are to low. Can i set it manual by the screw next to lamp?

Greetings
Old 21 May 2015, 11:46 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Likely the levelling system is faulty, the level sensors allow water ingress and seize up.

Sadly, they will be far to low to adjust....and anyway, if the system is fitted IT MUST WORK FOR AN MoT TEST, OR IT FAILS.
Old 09 March 2016, 11:16 AM
sunsh
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Waka

Did you get anywhere with this? I've got the same problem, I think....

Strange thing is that the problem started within 500 yards after picking my Scoobs up from Subaru after a full service and MOT - they had the car for a week and I have never had this problem before. I've been back and Subaru say that the levelling is all working fine.

Can't get away from the feeling that the (new) Subaru garage has broken something during the service and MOT. As alcazar says the headlights are checked during MOT and I know that they replaced a sidelight bulb. Could they have knocked / broken something on the headlight port while replacing the sidelight?

When I turn on the headlights there is no sign of headlight auto levelling going on. If the dash warning light doesn't come on / stay on immediately, it comes on in the first mile or so

Thanks very much

Frustrated
Old 11 March 2016, 05:26 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsh
Hi Waka

Did you get anywhere with this? I've got the same problem, I think....

Strange thing is that the problem started within 500 yards after picking my Scoobs up from Subaru after a full service and MOT - they had the car for a week and I have never had this problem before. I've been back and Subaru say that the levelling is all working fine.

Can't get away from the feeling that the (new) Subaru garage has broken something during the service and MOT. As alcazar says the headlights are checked during MOT and I know that they replaced a sidelight bulb. Could they have knocked / broken something on the headlight port while replacing the sidelight?

When I turn on the headlights there is no sign of headlight auto levelling going on. If the dash warning light doesn't come on / stay on immediately, it comes on in the first mile or so

Thanks very much

Frustrated
More likely they picked the car up to inspect underneath and the suspension extended out perhaps breaking or moving a seized arm on the headlight levellers underneath. I would certainly check those are in operation first.