Notices

1999 Impreza RB5 with PPP For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2007, 12:03 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Impreza RB5 with PPP For Sale

Well, as many of you may know, my heart just hasnt been with the Impreza since I bought it. I`ve tried and tried and tried to love it but i`m a honda man, and I miss my honda.

The car itself is originally from Lisburn, but I picked it up in bristol in september. Since getting it home, i`ve had it fully serviced, coolant changed, all belts replaced with GATES items. It had a Subaru Dealer major service in April of this year at a cost of £600, with all oils etc replaced. I`ve also just bought and fitted a turbo timer (Blitz FATT DC IV)

The car itself is cosmetically standard as Subaru intended, with the addition of a Sti V5 / 6 Front lip and STi rear lenses. I have also had this lip as well as the fog covers repainted as they were badly painted previously and were beginning to flake badly.

The bodywork is in excellent condition for its age, with only a few parking dings that I just simply havent had the time to have corrected. The interior is immaculate with no rips or tears on any of the special edition seats.

The car has been fitted with both the Prodrive performance pack as well as the handling pack, meaning it has al the WR Sport edition upgrades increasing power from 217 to around 240bhp, plus the decat should see around 250 - 260 bhp.

The car comes with FSSH apart from the last service, which I had carried out by my own long term mechanic, as I simply dont trust the dealerships. He gave the car a clean bill of health, as well as checking the emmissions which it passed with ease.

Mileage is 65,500. The car is Taxed until end of November (6 months will be put on), and is MOT`d until end of MAY 2008.

I had noticed a slight hesitation around 2,500 -3,000 rpm, so i replaced the MAF sensor (£88), however after seeking advice I have traced the problem back to the manual boost controller that was fitted to cure boost spiking as a result of fitting the decatted exhaust. The manual controller can be removed as all OEM parts are still in place, or the addition of an electronic controller would mean increased boost is a possibility

Spec :

Engine
EJ20 2.0L Turbo
Prodrive ECU upgrade
ITG Panel Filter
Fully Decatted 3" prodrive exhaust system
Samco Intercooler Piping
Bailey Piston Dump Valve

Transmission
Factory 5 Speed Manual
Prodrive Quick Shift

Brakes & Suspension
GodSpeed 335mm Conversion with AP Racing 6 Pots
EBC Rear discs
EBC rear pads
Goodridge Braided Brake lines
Prodrive Handling Upgrade

Wheels
17" Speedlines finished in Pewter Grey
Federal Tyres

Exterior
Special Edition Blue steel metallic body colour
Fully colour-coded exterior
PIAA front driving light conversion for the fog lights complete with covers
Special Edition RB5 side and rear decals (and also on driving light covers)
Full Crystal Pack including headlamps, side lamps, indicators.
Sidelight relocation to Indicator points in bumper
Prodrive WR Sport High Level rear wing
STi Red / White rear lenses

Interior
Blue 'Alcantara' and suede-effect interior trim, with black 'jersey' surround on seats
Special Edition, RB5 embossed carpet mats
Special Edition, RB5 interior-mounted, numbered plaque "Limited Edition" only 444 available!
Roof-mounted map reading lamps
Special Edition graphite trim for the centre console
Momo Gear ****
Air con

The car is also fitted with a Sigma M30 Cat1 alarm system and an RAC Trackstar for insurance purposes. This can be easily transferred to the new owner.

This is an excellent example of a sought after car, and I will be sorry to see it go, but my heart lies elsewhere.

£9250 ONO

Part exchange considered - Civic EP3 / EK9 or Integra DC2 / DC5

Last edited by OLLIeRB5; 06 November 2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: additional text
Old 06 November 2007, 12:49 PM
j16jrf
Scooby Regular

gutted your such a poof bungle lol
Old 06 November 2007, 02:00 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant believe you chased this country wide,spent a fortune on it and got it running sweet and now you leaving us ahhhhh dont do it mate. We need you as our chief nav man for runs mate.
Old 06 November 2007, 03:00 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

true^^^ someone else will get all the good of it, and dont take it the wrong way but it is priced quite high not that im personally saying its not worth that esp with what youve put into it but people lookin to buy wont see it that way esp over here, people seem to want cars for nothing!

good luck anyway
Old 06 November 2007, 05:56 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

awwww hope some1 will look after it well 4 ya! i know what its like when ur heart isnt in something. im gettin that feelin bout my scoob now 2..............
Old 06 November 2007, 06:54 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Wink Awh Ollie....

Mint car that, well worth the money but as said u could have trouble getting that sort of doh for it over here lad!!....awhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just keep it

Good luck anyway!!
Old 06 November 2007, 11:52 PM
c0lin
Scooby Regular

Ollie!!! u tw*t! Come on that cars a cracker....

Trending Topics

Old 07 November 2007, 12:14 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

if i dont get the dough ray me i`ll start stripping parts off it like the brakes and sti rears, get the price down a bit and still sell the motor.

my dads quite keen to take it, but its not the right time for him, so worst case it can rot in my drive
Old 07 November 2007, 12:49 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

i might be going the same way man, need to start considering a house. There are so many scoobs for sale at the min,look at rms for sale section!

if i do decide to keep it though and ur selling parts let me know sti rears would be nice on mine!

it would be a shame to watch that car gather moss in your drive ollie someone will buy it they are very sough after
Old 07 November 2007, 01:24 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

i know what you mean man, tho without sounding rude... a lot of scoobs i`ve seen tend to be buckets o turd tarted up to sell... the same went for the RB5`s.. a lot werent exactly as described.

my dads busting a gut for it, sadly 300 miles a day wouldnt work out too economical for him, but hes already on the case with a solution.

and as I`ve said, if worst comes to worst i`m a ten minute dander from work, so it`ll not kill me to walk to and from and save the car for weekends.... just a shame to have it and the teg in the drive 6 days a week

my other problem is i considered a house a year ago this month... and i`ve spent no money on it and just on cars.. the way it should be.. so i keep saying :P LOL
Old 07 November 2007, 01:41 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

there is alot of bucket scoobs out there and they are going at cheap money, but you get what you pay for with them, to many tarted up ones that have had the bag cut outta them, with the boost through the roof and a jap pipe hangin out the back described as "mint"
Old 07 November 2007, 01:47 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

LOL... that man knows the score :P
Old 07 November 2007, 07:46 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OLLIeRB5
LOL... that man knows the score :P
yeh "one lady owner" doesnt count for much if shes like myself!!!!!!!
Old 07 November 2007, 09:06 PM
Ricky81 STi
Scooby Regular

Hi mate, interested in part ex with a Civic Type R, final edition model with the recaro seats, red carpet, momo stering wheel, tinted rear windows, cool grey, 9500 miles, full honda service history with 2 stamps, only serviced 2 weeks ago. It's on a 55 Reg and totally mint, Just like a new car!!

Richard
Old 08 November 2007, 01:14 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

pm`d mate