Notices

clifford back jaxx

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2007, 07:08 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default clifford back jaxx

ok guys whilst at the audio advice show we were chatting to the guys at SIM(sound in motion) about clifford black jaxx anti car-jacking module system.Up to now i thought this had to be installed with clifford alarms but we have now been told this can be fitted as a stand alone module along side your own immobiliser.
The reason for this post is to guage a group buy on this product. We have a figure of between £160 & £180 for a single installment which would be reduced if we got say 10 peeps signed up. Heres some info on the unit and what it does.

Carjacking Response & Vehicle Recovery System BlackJax is Clifford’s unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches – whether at a stoplight or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) – immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over. BlackJax is fully automatic: no buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle. BlackJax offers immediate vehicle self-recovery. With the vehicle immobilized a short distance away, the owner can recover it. No special tracking units, monthly fees or per-use charges. Just follow the sound of the BlackJax siren, then enter the PIN code. That’s it – it’s sabotage-proof. The only way to turn off BlackJax is with a secret user-selectable PIN code. If the carjacker tries guessing codes at random, BlackJax actively ignores his code entries for the next few minutes. Even if he were to find and remove the BlackJax control unit, he would still be unable to restart the engine. That’s Clifford technology you can count on.

let me know what you think?

Last edited by bushiwarrior; 26 August 2007 at 07:10 PM.
Old 26 August 2007, 09:52 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have it on the integra... its an absolute pain in the ****. especially when having servicing work etc done where anyone other than you drives your motor

and the first time you forget to deactivate it and conk out in the middle of a carriageway junction, you`ll skid ur trunks :P

that said, i did like mine when it was only myself driving it.

the last line there gets me

"That’s Clifford technology you can count on."

the only thing you can count on a clifford to do is sadly break and give you no end of grief :P

in theory its excellent, in practice not so.. IMO.
Old 26 August 2007, 10:02 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Never heard of "valet" mode when others are usiing the car or its in for service? LOL
Old 26 August 2007, 10:12 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

aye i have, and from fitting them for 7 years you`d be amazed at how many people dont have a clue how to work a clifford alarm :P

its a good product, i dont doubt that and it does have a disable feature for servicing etc. just in my own opinion it can be a bit of a hastle.

Last edited by OLLIeRB5; 26 August 2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: txt
Old 26 August 2007, 10:34 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Apologies for the above post, realised when I hit the submit button it sounded quite cheeky, wasnt meant that way mate............my bad

Know what you mean about the Clifford range, can be quite tricky as they pack so much onto a smallish fob............think the beauty of this "stand alone" set up is its simplicity, works with the standard alarm/immobiliser, and is built into the car, not another fob accessory, really easy to use, and isolate for other drivers .....

Think this offer gives all the BlackjacK benefits without the Clifford drawbacks IMHO.....Demo earlier made a lot of sense too..........
Old 26 August 2007, 11:07 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

No where near as much fun as this anti car jacking kit

YouTube - South African Anti theft device
Old 26 August 2007, 11:56 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this original thread was to guage an intrest into a group buy guys if intrested add your name
Old 27 August 2007, 04:45 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

sorry.. my bad.

@ brocks, i didnt take it that way mate, i knew how you meant it.

if people dont mind the bit of extra hastle, its an excellent product... and i`m glad i`d not be fitting them :P