Notices

Mondello?

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2001, 06:50 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well what did you all think of the day?? Any better suggestions for the next one? Would you guys be prepared to double the fee to get rid of the porches next time around?

Paul.
Old 01 June 2001, 07:21 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Smile

Great days crack.Warped a new set of discs though.

Old 01 June 2001, 09:38 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself SD

Andy

Old 01 June 2001, 09:48 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

But you were really moving out there!!!
What discs did you have? Ans are they really bad. e-mail me off line for advice.

Paul.
Old 01 June 2001, 11:24 PM
davy b
Scooby Regular

Talking

brilliant day,the brother and i really enjoyed it, cant wait till get out again.
thanks to all for a great day. davy b.
Old 02 June 2001, 01:11 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

An excellent day out out only slightly marred by the disorganisation of the Mondello staff in getting things started and taking too long between sessions in getting the next grid out . A vote of thanks must go to Paul for trying to speed things up and making sure we were all ready to go on the grid . He did an excellent job organising the day but judging by his speed around the track it must have been taking a lot out of him . Was your handbrake stuck on ? You weren't going as hard as at Kirkiston .
Maybe the next time there the track will be finished and they'll be better organised . There may even be food available .
As to your suggestion of getting rid of the porches . Everybody who was there should spread the word how good a day it was and maybe we will have enough cars to run it on our own . But everybody should try to get there on time as we had the track booked from 12 o'clock but there were very few people there at that time to use it . The porsche lot seemed to be anti-social and whenever they were on track very few people were watching them .
Just a suggestion . Maybe we could invite a few other cars along to make up numbers like that Mitsubishi TT . What happened to him as I seen him dissappear down the pit lane like a bullet but I didn't see him back in the paddock ?
I'm looking forward to the next day at Kirkiston . Assuming it is being ran by the same people as the day Paul and I were at it I know it will be well organised and ran . They concentrate on maximising track time despite comparitively limited facilities .
My vote for drive of the day goes to the guy in the blue scooby running on mud and snow tyres ! Very entertaining .

Derek
Old 02 June 2001, 02:19 AM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers Paul.Was running new OEM discs which were obviously not up to it.Will mail u offline for advice on upgrade.Car was v. good-no complaints there.
Davy B -which one were you?
(BTW I dont work nights Its just that Friday nite is pub night!)

[This message has been edited by SUNDAY DRIVER (edited 02 June 2001).]
Old 02 June 2001, 02:53 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Glad you all enjoyed it. I had murder with the Mondello management about the start. The briefing session was madness!!! The porche guys didn't have to do it. Agreed about them being antisocial. I had to keep up at the grid as a few times they tried to get another porche grid ahead of us. I overheard a few times that "well I suppose we must let the Subaru guys go again" kind of comments. And the guy on the radio that evening was a real wa***r. I would love to be able to get a day of our own.....even if it cost a little more and I would run 15 cars on track with a rolling pit lane so every time a car pulled in another could go out. So everyone could drive as much as they wanted.

I saw the 7379 disappear in my rear view mirror all the same . Agreed that I wasn't giving as much as at Kirkiston but remember what happened my brakes that day?

Car of the day for me was the silver STI 5 type R that was uncatchable and as you mentioned the entertainer of the day was definitely Kieran McNulty. Kieran races Bikes at mondello and really has no fear and knows his way around. Top Marks also to Derek for spinning off with the Missus . Had you time for a quickie in the bushes before you got back on?

Sunday driver was making good progress as was Eoghan in the non turbo. I had a job to get by him!

All I want to know is how scary it was for the passenger in Davey b's car when you were changing down and braking at the same time??? For those that havn't seen Davey's P1 it's a real treat.Have a look next time then you too will be amazed.

The Guy in the yellow Mitsubishi GTO is the main mechanic at Mac's Power Motorsport (plug plug)and an excellent guy. He also has a Scooby but it wasn't ready for the day. It was an expensive day for him as he had to pay £85 to join the club and to drive and he only stayed for 1 session. I didn't see much of him on the track. He claims to have passed loads of Subaru's. Anyone see him go by or is he talking bull?

The next day out is Kirkiston on the 1st of July and it's run by trackskills who are excellent. Cost if we get 20 drivers is £50 per head.

I'm sorry about the lack of food. I like most of you was half starved (I looked it didn't I?) My missus promises the next day to have sambos and rolls for all drivers

Once again many thanks to all of you. It was a pleasure to organize a well behaved group like yourselves. We had no trouble from anyone except the Elise guy. Also I have to mention that the track etiquette was excellent all day Mondello would be glad to have us back at any stage and many thanks for keeping up the great reputation of the club.

Looking forward to the next time.

Paul.

[This message has been edited by Mac's Power (edited 02 June 2001).]
Old 02 June 2001, 05:41 AM
TURBO7379
Scooby Regular

Paul - Just to let you know . I'm not married . That wasn't the wife , it was my sister . She's single , three kids and was saying on the way home that she's getting lonely ( 2 years since her last boyfriend ) . She's a good passenger and even helps with your braking . Any takers ?
Old 02 June 2001, 10:02 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Opps
Just shows how you can get it all wrong.
It's just as well she's a good passenger
Keep bringing her to the meetings and introduce her as your sister as we all though she was hitched to you ! Otherwise the offers would have been coming in strong

Might see you on Sunday Derek.

Old 02 June 2001, 10:05 AM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

[This message has been edited by Andy W (edited 02 June 2001).]
Old 02 June 2001, 10:06 AM
davy b
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

i think there would be plenty of room in pauls wagon for a lady and three children.
Old 02 June 2001, 10:09 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Andy,
Yes I'm going this sunday but we're having an ISDC day out on the 1st of July .
Old 02 June 2001, 01:53 PM
davy b
Scooby Regular

Talking

sunday driver i was in the p1 and loved every minute of it.
Old 02 June 2001, 02:48 PM
Andy W
Scooby Regular

I doubt I'll be going on the 1st july

I will be at a wedding on the 29th june and another on the 30th, hangover will be just too much!!

Andy
Old 02 June 2001, 03:13 PM
elise (111S) guy
Scooby Newbie

Red face

Elise guy (as Paul has christened me)here:

Sorry for making a mess of my first session, but in my defence I was the first guy out and I didnt know the track. Having said that, I span three times on the first lap but was not passed by a scooby!!

I found my feet on the second session and passed three scoobys (including you Paul!!)and a very lurid 300ZX. I held one powerslide for at least 30 meters and had a thoroughly enjoyable day.dont forget about me on your next trackday???? please Paul ???

All the best,
Tony.
Old 02 June 2001, 04:34 PM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Wink

Was that when I pulled over to change my boost settings Tony?
Paul.
Old 02 June 2001, 04:41 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nice car Davy B,
Hope I didnt hold u up too much on the second session