Rollin',Rollin',Rollin-ROAD.

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2001, 11:00 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Guys -
Had my car up at Triple 7 Rolling Road this evening to get ECU reset and a Couple of runs on the rollers.The guy who owns it,Aidan Corey is a perfectionist and VERY knowledgable about Subarus.He says that a few guys in the past have fallen out with him when their results came out lower than expected (400bhp+EVOS etc)and insists that,although it is a relatively simple task to make the results higher than they are he won't do it.He seems v.busy and has a lot of rally cars about the place.All the equipment is brand new and the place is v.tidy.
Anyway if anybody is interested in my results they are as follows:
Max Power at flywheel = 288.6Bhp at
6859rpm.
Max Torque = 239.2ft at 4496rpm.

The whole thing including resetting ECU,upping boost to 1Bar(previously running 0.9Bar)and four dyno runs took 2.5 hours and the charge was £60 which I thought was v.reasonable.If anyone is interested his number is 028 867 51000 and is located outside Cookstown.And you even get a free sticker!.
Old 06 March 2001, 09:44 AM
Mac's Power
Scooby Regular

Agreed that Aidan is a top guy.

Our rolling road day for the 25th of this month is cancelled due to Foot and Mouth disease.

Paul.
Old 06 March 2001, 04:34 PM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

Jaaysus Paul, how the hell did you get that
Old 06 March 2001, 08:41 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Smile

Scruff,
Car was basically very fit from start.Before I got it (exactly a year ago today) I looked at about 8 Scooby's fitting into my budget of 10K and judged them on condition,performance,age and price,and this one was the cleanest,quickest and newest of the bunch,although not the cheapest.It was also v.well specced with a factory electric steel sunroof as well as a/c.
The replacement exhaust made a big difference and the increase in boost from 0.9 to 1.0 bar(at manifold)made a lot of difference to top end power.Other than that I dont know as I know v.little about cars.

[This message has been edited by SUNDAY DRIVER (edited 06 March 2001).]
Old 06 March 2001, 09:10 PM
David L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

That's good power. Your model of scooby puts out 280ps on 100 Ron is that right. So with an exhaust and increased boost you have gain ed more than the loss from running 100ron to 97 Ron. Well done...
I assume you don't have any cats in the car?? Or do you have one at the down pipe..
Did you get through MOT as I have the same year of car and was thinking of removing the cats....

David L
Old 06 March 2001, 10:55 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

Smile

David L,
My model of car should put out 260ps on 100RON fuel.I still have the front cat on.Apparently a WRX will pass MOT with no cats as it is a Japanese import and as thus mot centres have no emission data on the car (I stand to be corrected on this but read it on this BBS).The K+N filter may also help a bit.All I know is that on a recent run in on a straight road the car compared v.favourably with a guy I know who has a car which I thought would have blown me into the weeds....
P.S I would post the dyno plots on the BBS but I dont know how to. I have seen instructions on the main BBS but I am afraid it is way beyond me!.Can any of you guys help?

[This message has been edited by SUNDAY DRIVER (edited 07 March 2001).]
Old 07 March 2001, 09:19 PM
David L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sunday driver,
I would be interested in seeing the RR plots..(I also don't know how to post them) especially the torque curve. Your engine sounds the same as mines 260ps at 100 Ron. To get 288bhp is very impressive.
Powerflow must be a good type of exhaust.
Any one help sunday driver to get the plots on the BBS (Scruff seeing you are the moderator do you know??)

David L

Trending Topics

Old 07 March 2001, 09:32 PM
Scruff
Scooby Regular

DavidL, it is funny you should say that but I have sent 2 e-mails to the webmaster and have still to get a reply. Maybe they are just too busy. Eoghan Kinane should be the man to tell you how to post the dyno results.

Cheers
Alan

PS I think I will post a note to the webmaster in this forum, maybe he will see it easier here.
Old 07 March 2001, 09:35 PM
David L
Scooby Regular

He is going for the world sideways record at the moment so maybe he is busy. But keep trying..

David L
Old 07 March 2001, 11:36 PM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

David L,
I think the Powerflow exhaust is brilliant,well made and sounds fanTASTIC.A couple of guys drove the car tonite who had previously only driven it without ANY mods and thought it was a bit of an animal(wet roads).This also gave me a chance to here the car as I hadn,t really heard it at high revs before.The Powerflow doesnt get any mention on this BBS for some reason and no cars ever have it on their list of mods.I got the exhaust made up in s.s.on the car by a Power flow engineer and midpipe and back box cost £200 which I thought was v.reasonable.Again I would post photos if I could.

[This message has been edited by SUNDAY DRIVER (edited 08 March 2001).]
Old 08 March 2001, 09:25 AM
SUNDAY DRIVER
Scooby Regular

[This message has been edited by SUNDAY DRIVER (edited 08 March 2001).]
Old 08 March 2001, 02:19 PM
DesG
Scooby Regular

If you want to email me the photos or anything else, I can stick them up on my website for us all to view.

DesG