Wink

Ah, so that was your witheld number

Yes, you'll look lovely in leather!

[Edited by TaviaRS - 10/1/2003 8:00:40 AM]
Old 25 September 2003, 02:54 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I joined Scoobynet on the Sunday and Monday morning Mellow puts up a post for a spare seat to the ring. Without thinking I answered and as luck would have it I'm in

Set off Thursday evening with Chris in the most sorted saloon car I've ever been lucky enough to get in (more about that later)and Paul who's in his Skoda. We hot foot it down to Folkestone and on the way Chris says we've got a room but its the honeymoon suite:roll eyes: There's bound to be a settee or something.Ok what have I let myself in for??

Get to Folkestone meet TaviaRS and blat to the hotel.Dump bags and take note that the settee is only big enough for a 3yr old! After a few beers and a curry get back to the hotel, now as I'm 6' there's no way I can kip on that so have to share the four poster with Mellow! You've never seen 2 blokes stick so rigidly to their sides of the bed in your life. I awoke about 4.15am to Chris in the shower. Now wide awake and all I can think of is the Ring. Chris comes out of the bathroom like he's some sort of cat-burgular tip-toeing round the room in the dark trying not to disturb me. I'm trying so hard not to laugh and can't resist waiting till he bends over and shouts "DONT BE A Thief your ****!!
At which point Mellow is now firmly planted on the chandelier and I'm pml

Up showered,dressed and off to the Chunnel we go.Pop into Boots as Mellow needs bits and thought this maybe a good opportunity to stock up on some rubber as you never know your luck Can't find them anywhare but there are a couple of lovely ladies standing at the till so I bowl over and ask in a very quiet Essex accent "Ere luv where's you big boy specials? Puzzled look from girlies. "Your Durex?" I add. A stunned reply of over the back comes from the girlies. As I trot off, Mellow in stunned disbelief following asks "What did you say?" So I repeated in just as low a voice and we're pi22ing ourselves like two teenagers.

As we go thru customs we get searched "For security of course Sir" and finally get onto the train.

After waiting for the rest of the Bristol Boys to show from the ferry crossing we head off and after a few stops get to the ring late afternoon.10/10 to John for keeping the convoy together cheers John.

We arrive and Wow I take it all in, the mother of all tracks and I'm about to go out on it.YEEEEEEHAAAAAA can't wait.

I thought the Scoob was sorted but little did I know just how much. Mellows driving is to be applauded the car and him are an awesome match. The first 3 laps were for Mellow getting familiar again with the circuit but each one was getting quicker and quicker. We managed to squeeze one more lap before 7.30 curfew which was a seriously quick lap no time but you know when its quick and that was damn quick.

Back to the hotel and find I'm sharing with a bloke called Nellie. Snoraid for the rest of this thread. This man is in the premiership for drinking and snores louder than Felsteds Scoob A diamond geezer make no mistake. Off to to the Lindhof for a meal and drinks with TaviaRS, Amanda (Scoobybabe was her U.N. I think). Cracking meal and we end up drinking with a couple of bikers Phil & Liam. What a crack Sorry Amanda & Phil if we caned you too badly The night was outragious and all had a gr8 time. Back to the hotel and no sign of Snoraid who has the key.Back out in search of Snoraid who is with Dave and Harj and crew in Sabines. After a swift drink its time to stagger back to the hotel its gone 2am.

Mellows in the hotel car-park ready to roll and its only 7.30am Off we trot and the day really begins at 8 on the track. Mellows in fine form and again the 2nd lap is awesome. Back in the car-park a few of the lads have arrived Oxbow,Phil A,Richard Askew Gossy etc.

After a few more laps with Mellow its time to blag a few passenger rides The first I managed was with Phil A. Another good driver and another quick lap! I then went out with Paul in his Skoda and if anyone has doubts about Skodas being quick think again

Lunchtime then out with TaviaRS in his Skoda, what a grin.On the second lap which is particulary quick we get sideways into Pflantzgarten at which point I wave to the cheering spectators and ask John was the show boating for the crowd and he replies "No I got it wrong I'm just trying to save the car" Both pi22ing ourselves laughin we carry on past serveral incidents one very bad which I understand the rider was in a bad way. As we queued up to exit the ring Johns gearbox/clutch decides enough playtime it wants a rest

Sadly Johns gearbox is minced and now it's how does he get home!As a newbie the cameradery and sheer will to help each other was just so impressive. I've never seen so many people try to help out with pads tools and expertise. Owen you're a star m8.Thankfully, there were only a few cars with problems and a couple had to be trailered home.

I manage to get more passenger laps with Robin in the Elise, Mark in his Evo (complete nutter), Paul & John, Shaun Boxter S, Richard Askew Scooby and Snoraid amognst others. If I've forgotten any names apologies and big respect to all who were gracious enough to take me round.

Saturday night I'm knackered but out on it as you do.Sabines for a meal and get seriously tanked up. Sabine offers to take me out between 12 and 1 on Sunday. Now ther's an offer no man is going to refuse.

Roll in at gone 3 into the land of nod and awake to Mellows text waking me 7.30. Snoraids doing what he does best at 200 decibels and oblivious to me running around to get down in the car-park.

First lap out and we have some to55er in an Alpha come tearing past but Mellow takes it all in his stride and lets him blat into the distance as we're warming the car up. Come the second lap and Mellows charging for that perfect lap. Coming into the chicane and we find the Alpha up the inside of us!How we didn't get T-Boned is a tribute to Mellows reactions. As we gesticulate our displeasure the Alpha pulls over and lets us past and proceeds to sit up our **** for the rest of the lap.

Now being the shy quiet bashful one in the carNot. I'm fired up for this pr!ck when he follows us into the car-park. Oh I forgot to mention on the back of this Alpha are stickers telling the world the driver is a ring instructor!! Mellow handles things pretty good if it had been me in the conversation I'm sorry I would've decked him on the spot. Anyone who has done the ring knows how lethal it can be and when you're nearly T-boned by a so called instructor who should know better who then tries to patronise Mellow.Needless to say words exchanged incident over. I'm not trying to brag up Mellow but credit where it's due.

Out again and another serious accident and the rings shut for a couple of hours.

Sabines been and gone as the ring is closed so no chance of a lap with her and I'm gutted. Never mind theres always next time.

Out in the Lotus with Robin another great lap.Out with Paul and anyone else who'll let me as I crave to learn everything I can about the track.

For my final lap I go out with Shaun in his Boxter S what a car it's so well balanced and a joy to be in.

Back to the hotel for a meal and early to bed as TaviaRS needs to leave at 4am!OMFG up at 3.30 and back with Paul. Thankfully Johns car made it home.

I cant wait to go again hopefully in November fly hire a car me thinks

To anyone who hasn't been you just have to do this it's the nuts miles better than any track day you can do over here.It really is the Mother of all tracks.

To everyone who helped make my weekend awesome thankyou especially Mellow for giving me the ride in the first place. Hope someday to repay the favour.

VROOM VROOM
Old 25 September 2003, 04:31 PM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

Talking

You forgot the momeister
Nellie snores like a decat possessed, dave dosn't do bad either, i could hear nellie in the next damn room, me in the middle, was like surround sound!
Old 25 September 2003, 04:47 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Apologies to the Big Mo-Meister there's probably quite a bit I've forgot to include but for those of us that were there we know how close he came to losing it big style several times
Old 25 September 2003, 06:19 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

paul...aka..spaz..paulpox...and now the mo.meister.lol

right first of thanks to Harj and Lordlucan for the interesting drive to get a battery for the scoob cheers guys.

yep lovely track good company realy did have a laugh (NELLI)but the snor.meisters where bad Big bear with his head in the pillow.

The moment was following Nelli and terry cant remember where it was but on a twisty bit,I went around the outside of a que of cars but the road ran out and i got spat of the track.Five or six tank slappers later with all the gear in the car thrown every where we got going again.

The video of it looks good.

but at least i was in a racing car lol
Old 25 September 2003, 06:22 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Wheres the link for the vid?
Old 25 September 2003, 08:48 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

not telling you....sticks toung out

think its gona be on the rallyday DVD if snowcrash is evil git.lol
Old 27 September 2003, 11:51 AM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

You know it will be posted sooner or later
Old 27 September 2003, 09:51 PM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Talking

Wow, you write like you talk

Top weekend, you didn't cane us, I can do that well enough myself
I just sat back and listened to you four being outrageous....and revised my view of Jon being quiet....

Old 27 September 2003, 10:02 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

beer talking lol
Old 28 September 2003, 05:23 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

No beer talk but it helped loosen things up very nicely LOL
Looks like we're gonig back in November on a fly-drive pml god help the hire cars
Old 28 September 2003, 06:16 PM
PAS
Scooby Regular

post the plan then could be interested
Old 28 September 2003, 06:25 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

We hav'nt firmed up the cunning plan just yet. I can tell you it's more likely to be either 1st and 2nd or the 8th and 9th but as soon as we have some more details I'll post them up
Old 30 September 2003, 08:51 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Subtle hint:

8th and 9th

Oh and lovely Amanda, I am quiet
Old 30 September 2003, 04:11 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

8th & 9th it is then cant wait off to scan for prices on flights and hotels and most of all...car hire

VROOM VROOM
Old 30 September 2003, 09:56 PM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yeah, Tav,

You are quiet in a lovely way

So quiet you are impossible yo get hold of...tried ringing you just

Amanda..... (quietly plotting to have a hush hush chat with Jon )
Old 01 October 2003, 01:07 AM
owbow
Scooby Regular

please... give generously to mistreated and abused hire cars today at www.8500rpm_squealer.co.uk, and help give a hire car some where a chance at a normal life...

...won't somebody please[/b] think of the hire cars feelings?

excellent

O.
Old 01 October 2003, 09:02 PM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Wink

Jon,

Bet you look better in leather than me

Yeah, its scary having the number withheld, its the work phone tho

Old 01 October 2003, 10:07 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Owbow I've found the great resting place for all hire cars...A-1 Salvage on Canvey Island in Esssssssssssssex

They really care these cars that have been abused trashed genrally mis-treated by previous drivers!!

They pile em 6 high and crush wot cant be sold