Notices
International International Meetings & Events

The Ring and Sabine ......

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2003, 02:51 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again chaps for a blinding weekend at the Ring. Myself and Harj arrived very early after a 3hr 20min run from Calais in the M5... Needless to say we werent hanging about. We got a few laps in whilst waiting for everyone else to arrive, as expected the M5 did nothing but impress clocking a few fast laps. Friday night was the usual meal in the Lindenhof followed by a Session in Sabines. We asked Sabine if she would drive the M5 the following day, to my surpise she agreed as long as it has good brakes and plenty of petrol as she had already heard there was a Kellerman M5 at the ring !! Saturday night continued as usual with a certain someone passing out outside Sabines after they had wrecked the toilet !!! Had to laugh when I found out they had been sending text msgs from the toilet saying 'help me'....
Saturday started early with a few good early laps. Owain and Richard hired a Seat Leon 1.6 which they proceded to strip down until it sounded like Owains rally car !!!
At lunchtime Doc Jock called to say Sabine was looking for us, myself Harj and MRK couldnt believe it so headed to the car park quickly !
Harj asked Sabine if 3 could sit in the back and she replied there is only 10 air bags, not one for the middle seat in the back ! So we took that as a 'no'. I jumped in the back with MRK and Harj up front then noticed Sabines friend so graciously gave up my seat (well she was blonde and worked in the bar !!). I waited for the car to return and swopped seats with Harj, MRK swopped with Doc Jock and we set off like naughty school boys nervous with anticipation !! Within 30 seconds we knew she was the Ring Queen, her relaxed stance was upset only by the short shift that she wasnt used to and the fact the gearstick was on the worng side, she asked me whether I would shift for her ! I wasnt sure if she was serious so just smiled politely !!! We were held up by the immense traffic and the suicidal motorcylists but 145mph into the FoxHole was very impressive and the 4 wheel drifts around other cars were superb, only an Evo overtook us, unfortunately he misjudged the whole overtake almost wiping out a bike causing him to take to the grass and shower us with loose dirt, Sabine in her way just screamed at the near miss then casually said 'idiot' ! The rest of the lap was perfect with Sabine waving at the crowds around Showboat whilst controlling the car with a finger !!! Her lines at time seemed odd but managed to teach us better entries and exits for many corners. The end came far too soon with Sabine saying the M5 was faster than hers and had better brakes but it was more prone to understeer than oversteer which slowed her down in some corners. This was beacuse of the uprated rollbars, an issue Harj is sorting this week with a full Kellerman suspension kit.
MRK then did a few laps and to be honest was not far off Sabines pace, I guess being a semi proffessional racing driver helps ! He was disapointed only hitting 138 through the FoxHole !! We didnt time the lap but did set the average speed, he managed 80mph with heavy traffic and one incident that slowed us down, anyone fancy working out the lap time given the speed, im sure Owain who was in the back will agree it was a fast lap.
Then back in the pits Sabine came over and asked Harj for another go, of course Harj agreed and we all jumped in with Tony Quinn in the back for another go, again she was just amazing, her control of such a heavy car was nothing short of superb.
The day went so quick it was time for myself and Harj to head to Amsterdam, on the way I opened the M5 up a few times to find the car doing 160 before I knew it (so much for the limiter) ! I now want an M car !!!! Amsterdam was entertaining as usual meeting a few interesting people, next time more of you should come with us, it took 2hrs 20mins from the Ring.... We left the Dam at 12pm and I was home at 6pm.. Thanks to all especially Harj for yet another blinder roll on next time hopefully in the M5. Good to meet some new Ringers..
J.
Old 15 September 2003, 03:12 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Talking

Couldn't have written it any better myself Jase! Awesome Weekend all in all and Sabine driving my car just topped it off.

Major hangover on Saturday which resulted me in not driving at all but letting others have a go in my car and MRK is my Co-Driver for the CannonBall and he sure has impressed me, a bit too much as I couldn't sit for more than 1 lap, too nervous with him driving and me passengering as I could only feel it on its edge and his left foot hammering on the brake peddle down

Gotta love AP 6 Pots, they stop a 2 tonne car as well as a 1 tonner Suspension is this weeks main aim, need it so badly to dial out the Understeer everyone noticed and ive gotta change the roll bars to a much softer setting on the front and harder on the rear.

I still don't remember Mark and a German guy carrying me to my room but I was so out of it, only remember hurling all over Sabines Toilets which she got me back by driving my car on the edge LOL Taught me a lesson.

Nice to meet the Bristol boys and all the usual faces again, I think all the newcomers had a ball, right time to put the AP 4 Pots on the rear

Thanks again to all and especially Dock Jock Im sure Sabine will fall for your charms soon bro

Old 15 September 2003, 03:19 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

If anyone has any piccys of the M5 on track please let us know as the car is going on the CannonBall in a few weeks to raise money for SightSavers and these can be used as good publicity to raise more money for a worthy cause.
Thanks to Rich Askew and someone else for snapping Sabine and Harj and MRK posing in the carpark.... Next time I promise to bring a camera...

J.

Harj - u got any pound coins left ? who said u never win on fruit machines !!

Old 16 September 2003, 06:11 PM
Big Bear
Scooby Regular

Certainly had a good time on friday night drawning my sorrows after the engine blow up I never want to see another slammer again
Dave
Old 16 September 2003, 07:48 PM
owbow
Scooby Regular

Wink

nah, we weren't going that quickly, just LEERY as ****...

reckon i did quicker BTG in the Seat actually...

o.
Old 17 September 2003, 11:07 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

We didnt time the lap but did set the average speed, he managed 80mph with heavy traffic and one incident that slowed us down, anyone fancy working out the lap time given the speed
BTG 9 mins 20
Old 18 September 2003, 07:20 AM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Angry

Jase, I see that c*** is sill yipping on about it on MLR.
Just waiting for the activation email then I will post.

The guy is a fecking liar. 2 corners my ****. Worst driving I have ever seen there, and from a nobber who was timing every lap
Old 18 September 2003, 08:14 AM
nellie
Scooby Regular

Thinks he was makkinen!!
Old 18 September 2003, 08:27 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

8.46 on his 2nd ever lap - I dont think so.
Old 18 September 2003, 08:49 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Well, I got a rather natty 8:31 Then the clutch and flywheel went bang
Old 18 September 2003, 09:39 AM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

Seems like his antics are out and the b******t stops, he's gone quiet on that thread.
He was the topic of conversation a few times in the car park, ****.
Old 18 September 2003, 09:41 AM
NOZZER
Scooby Regular

Well i was a newbie and i loved it apart from forgeting my spare brake pads. I was so impressed with the comaraderie there, so many people trying to help me locate some pads for the alcon set. I do believe i am hooked
Old 18 September 2003, 10:06 AM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Cheers DJ....

Cant believe he had the gaul to post up when he almost wiped a biker out in his rush to prove he was a better driver than Sabine !!

J.
Old 18 September 2003, 06:12 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

Steven RW here... RIGHT I just read that lord_lucan called it water under the bridge on the MLR site. I'm glad of that. I do not want to remove my post below incase it has been read by some and i look like im hiding it. BUT before you read it. I also am putting this as water under the the bridge and hold no grudges to EVERYONE trying to jump on me . all the best RW

Hi guys,

This is my old username i dont have a Steven_RW one here first.

Firstly, i didn't mean to cause you lot such personal agrevation.

I wish you had come across at the time face to face.

Firstly I did get an 8 min 43 on my second lap. I had completed 5 laps of the ring in a vectra 3 years or so ago. I had been learning the track by video for days before hand and pulled off a nice safe 8min 43 3 up on the thursday night. it was my second lap.

I timed the laps to just see how i was improving. At no time during the lap did i or the passenger look at the stopwatch that was an absolute MUST. It was just interesting to see how my times came down as i learned. I was not trying to beat the clock at any point and the amount of laps that seemed fast and then ended up in me being held up was massive.

I explained the incident completely PERFECTLY on the thread. It was my fault for thinking the biker had seen me and going to his left to overtake. The second i noticed i was wrong i tried my best not to crash. I put both hands up to that immediatly and am NOT proud of that moment. I am happy though that I managed to stop it turning into a crash by removing myself from the bikers line.

I undertook sabine EXACTLY where I said I did. I'm not sure if you are disputing that. it was after the next two left handers and on the right hander at kallenhard where the biker incident happened. I so badly dont understand why you would dispute that. even if you thought i was the biggest dick known to mankind i still have NO IDEA why you would disupute that point as its a fact. I mean who cares where the incident happened? It did and thats that.

Anyhows. 40 laps at the ring and ONE incident. I may have driven fast and 'too agressively' according to you lot but thats one thing. No dangerous incidents occured bar that ONE. So thats 800kms on the track and only one incident that i manouvered out of.

It astounds me that you lot have taken something so personally where i have put up both my hands and said it was my fault for assuming the biker was moving into the side to let me past.

As for NOT UNDERTAKING as you lot keep going on about. I have a video where sabine is being followed and she dives up the inside betweeb a biker and a car about 1 corner after my incident with the biker. I can give u lot the url: http://koni.no-ip.biz/ringen/200209_Sabine.mpg

It was a lesson rapidly learnt and from then on unless i was 100% sure that the biker had seen me and was letting me past somewhere safe I never went for an overtake.

As for all your car park chat. The fact I came to the circuit, layed down lots of safe fast driving is not something i would expect you lot to be upset about but then again subaru drivers and all that eh

Cheers

Steven RW

PS i didn't run from the topic i can only post outside working hours.

PPS I'll take this topic up on the mlr not here as its too many to bother with.

[Edited by TFyus - 9/18/2003 6:45:03 PM]
Old 18 September 2003, 08:09 PM
nellie
Scooby Regular

[Edited by nellie - 9/18/2003 8:11:50 PM]
Old 18 September 2003, 10:44 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Just read this and haven't got a clue what its about LOL

I remember getting an apology from one of the Cossie/Evo lads for missing my car and I laughed "wasn't me driving or passengering" LOL

Lets all chill and enjoy!

Old 18 September 2003, 11:24 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

Harj,

Yeah that was one of my passengers called martin. When he saw you he came across to make sure everything was alright with your car after i showered it in some mud from the side of kallenhard.

Glad it was ok!

Cheers

RW
Old 19 September 2003, 10:04 AM
harj
Scooby Regular

Talking

Tyfus now I remember, can't really forget Martin's ugly mug

Washed the car and noticed some HUGE stone chips on it!!!!

Only joking mate LOL

Old 19 September 2003, 10:24 AM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Bet those chips were from the trip to Amsterdam,,,,LOL...

Have a good un Harj m8.

J.
Old 19 September 2003, 11:32 AM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Dingy,

Don't put yourself down like that man! Self beration can only get you down after a while. LOL

Matt
Old 19 September 2003, 12:33 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Dingy

Thanks for your useless comments on my post. Why are you so intent on damaging Scoobynet ?

J.
Old 19 September 2003, 12:35 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Dingy - please take your issues off-line....or leave the handbag at home

Old 19 September 2003, 05:48 PM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

Doc Jock,

Since you put me on your blocked list...

Anyhows, thanks again for the offer of the spare pads. I didn't expect everyone to bring tools for me I left all mine behind as the car was too full with everyone stuff, the only things I wanted to do to my car was swap wheels front to rear when i was out there.

As said didn't mean to rub you up the wrong way. And the ' Iam the man ' attitude is just me when it comes to driving. I like to drive fast and try and put my driving where my mouth is at every opportunity. Im competitive and like to have a laugh. Its how I try and get the best out of my driving.

I also didn't want to get into a slagging match was just confused by the utter change of heart.

All the best and water under the bridge.

PS not sure if I have EVER made such a bad impression as I managed with you!

Live and learn eh

RW

[Edited by TFyus - 9/19/2003 5:53:18 PM]
Old 19 September 2003, 06:16 PM
lordlucan
Scooby Regular

Group hug !!!

J.
Old 19 September 2003, 11:05 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

RW

Like I said in my email, it was your post on MLR that changed my opinions.

I still don't agree with the 2 corners thing but best we agree to differ I suppose.

DJ
Old 20 September 2003, 02:22 AM
TFyus
Scooby Regular

Doc Jock,

No problemo. I can see it from your point entirely. The post on MLR was far too ' pub tale ' rather than a genuine account of the trip. That and the other situation would add up to a bad impression.

No hard feeling eh.

RW
Old 20 September 2003, 06:22 PM
hurricane
Scooby Regular

Can we still be friends?
Old 21 September 2003, 01:29 AM
owbow
Scooby Regular

where the hell is MLR?

o.
Old 21 September 2003, 06:48 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

www.lancerregister.com
Old 24 September 2003, 09:55 AM
Tony Quinn
Scooby Regular

Smile

Err...what's the big deal about 8'43" on a seventh lap? If we're going to ignore 1 previous visit in a low-powered car then I know someone who did an 8'27" on their first lap...in...a......Ford. Can we now stop boasting about being slower than a Ford please? And getting heated about claims of being moderately quick?

Quick Reply: The Ring and Sabine ......