Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

brushed aluminium centre console/dash

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2002, 08:48 PM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

anyone know of any suppliers out there that can do these? looking to spruce up my evo6, but i'm dubious about respraying parts of the console with that fake aluminium lookalike stuff.
anyone used this stuff?

any help or advice really appreciated
Old 05 April 2002, 03:27 AM
mook
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

We've done some spraying of interior trim. The trick is to get filler primer that will smooth out the surface, as most trim has that fake leather grain type finish, or a plainer mottle to the plastic. Once it's primed, give it a good couple of coats of your chosen colour, a silveri n this case, then give it several, 5-6, coats of lacquer. Once it's fully gone off give a rub done with some running compound then a real good working over with t-cut to give a really nice flat shiney finish. This can work wonders and look really nice if finished off properly. Only problem is, you need a garage or somewhere to do it as it'll take a week to do it properly

Don't know about any specific kits or suppliers, but we do carry a brushed ali finish vinyl which looks good in the right places, and we can do replacement dials, in brushed ali if you want
Old 05 April 2002, 07:15 PM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

cheers guys

ive handed a spare console to the people who did my r33, and let them see what they can come up with. if it works well, i'll post pics. if its crap...well, i'll forget that one for now
Old 04 May 2002, 07:20 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

I looked at the stick on variety but didn't fancy it peeling off after i paid a shed load.
Chap on here called trouser has sprayed his surrounds in a titanium finish & it looks boss! U can always give him a buzz @ TSL i guess He had told me just 2 get a good bodyshop 2 remove em & clean THOROUGHLY then paint etc & reinstall (sounds easy). I am still well tempted 2 go 4 this, when funds r a bit healtier, but i may get the same surrounds from a breaker b4 hand then clean paint etc b4 replacing the original (DULL!) uns.
Hope that's of sum use.
Si

[Edited by scooby_si - 4/5/2002 7:21:48 PM]