Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

forward facing babyseat classic

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2009, 09:11 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default forward facing babyseat classic

Any recommendations for someone who has one fitted in a classic impreza.
thanks
Old 23 June 2009, 09:35 AM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Britax Renaissance, First Class and Freeway in my MY00 Classic with success.
The main problem is legroom with the bigger seats. Because of the shape of the Turbo seats and the general lack of legroom, the seat in front of the baby seat needs to be moved forward to such an extent that it becomes uncomfortable for anyone of above average height.
I currently use the Freeway because it does not have a separate base and takes up less room. It also has a concave base and will fit with a lap belt only if needed. This means that you can also use it in a plane too. We took our 9 month old to Sydney a couple of years ago in it.

Lastly, make sure you use one of those seat protector things. The First Class rubbed against the seat back. Thankfully I noticed it before it got too bad and fitted a seat protector.
Old 26 August 2009, 08:56 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I was told today at halfords, after having them try a Britax First class, that it doesn't fit correctly, due to the seatbelt buckle rubbing on the seat. All the others you mentioned are not listed as fitting on Britax's website. The only two that do, Prince and Eclipse, still have the buckle issue.
I'm really desperate to get a seat, but if they are saying they don't fit, what can I do?