Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

defi sti genome gauges

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2008, 05:50 PM
JamWRX1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question defi sti genome gauges

hi guys just bought a full set of 4 of the above gauges with link controller and dash pod just wondering what thay are like to fit?
im a bus mechanic by trade so dont mind geting my hands dirty.
Old 22 September 2008, 06:11 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Very easy to fit.
Don't know what your 4th guage is but the turbo can be tapped into the vacuum pipe off the dump valve, oil temp sender placed into a blanked off plug above the No3 cyliner, intercooler off and adaptor plug needed and oil pressure simply replaces the OE one under the alternator or T'd in so the OE sender remains in use (OE is pretty damn useless)

Adaptor plug is LMA067 from LMA Performance Homepage - UK Supplier of Car / Automobile Custom Parts and Accessories

Electrics is easy as everything goes to the control unit, all you need is an earth, live and switched live.

I used the radio connectors for this but others use the cigarette lighter for feeds
Old 22 September 2008, 06:19 PM
RICH S202
Scooby Regular

Use a crows foot spanner for the Oil temp sensor under the intercooler. That is the trickiest bit of the installation. I routed my wires through a grommet behind the pedals and into the engine bay. There are installation guides on here somewhere but you will have to look for them. Its not an impossible job to do on your own but its better than paying someone to do it.

Best of luck
Rich
Old 22 September 2008, 06:29 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by RICH S202
Use a crows foot spanner for the Oil temp sensor under the intercooler. That is the trickiest bit of the installation. I routed my wires through a grommet behind the pedals and into the engine bay. There are installation guides on here somewhere but you will have to look for them. Its not an impossible job to do on your own but its better than paying someone to do it.

Best of luck
Rich
Yep that M8 plug caused much cursing and skinned knuckles.
Didn't have a 8mm hex head socket so used Allen key but used 2 adjustable spanners clamped tight to it to form a T for leverage, worked a treat
Old 22 September 2008, 06:38 PM
JamWRX1
Scooby Regular

thanks for the advise guys. 4th gauge is a water temp? dont mind losing nuckel skin do it every day working on busses
got an 8mm socket for the oil gallery plug so ok there