Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

interia upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2001, 02:35 AM
Senna
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Want to change the interia in my 96 uk spec scoob mainly cos i fall out of my seat when i push it on a rounderbout or bend and second cos it looks like it just came out of a tractor. i know my car missed its bucket seats by 6 months. anyone got any prices/places for second hand seats/interia and can i get anything to match my grey dash
Old 20 December 2001, 12:45 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Try looking in the For Sale section, it's gonna be your cheapest option. I've got a set of front MY99/00 seats going, but judging by your post it sounds like your after the full monty (front & back seats + door cards) and I have seen a few sets going recently.

From my experience, prices in the For Sale section seem to be around £250-350 for front seats and £450-550 for full set + door cards. Price from a breakers is likely to be around £550-650 for the full set.

All the seats are pretty similar, although UK97/98 were not height adjustable and I think they came in black rather than dark blue for MY99/00. Swapping door-cards is more tricky, UK MY97 are an easy swap, it's just the cloth is trimmed in grey. UK MY98+ are a different shape, and although they are nicer than the older ones, the fit between dashboard edge and door-hinge side is not as good as the originals because the dash changed in the later models. Having said that, I have seen someone do the swap and they still look good.

Regarding doing the swap, the seats are a DIY job and will only take about 15-30min with a socket set & scredriver.
Door cards are more difficult, especially if you get MY98+ ones, since you'll have to suss out how to re-wire them!

Hope this information is useful. I would thoroughly recommend the upgrade.

Cheers,

Andy
Old 20 December 2001, 12:52 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, places you could try are:

http://www.gradea-subaru.co.uk/
http://www.central-subaru.co.uk/
http://www.midland-impreza.com/

A word of warning; always visit 2nd hand part dealers in person to inspect the good. Sometimes interiors can be water/mud/blood(!) damaged since they are often from cars that have ended up in a field/ditch the wrong way up!

Andy