Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

autogauge help

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2006, 12:00 AM
Paca
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default autogauge help

anyone got instructions or manuals on how to install these gauges ,i have boost gauge ,oil temp gauge and oil pressure gauge ...any help would be greatly appreciated..
Old 12 October 2006, 07:18 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

There USED to be good instructions at chiark hub.home

Alcazar
Old 12 October 2006, 09:33 PM
Paca
Scooby Regular

Default dont see it

cheers mate got it ...nice one..
Old 13 October 2006, 04:28 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

See my post in the other thread.
Alcazar
Old 14 October 2006, 05:37 PM
Paca
Scooby Regular

where got a link ...cheers
Old 15 October 2006, 02:31 PM
Tissy
Scooby Regular

I've just fitted these exact gauges to my WRX.

I have some fitting instructions on my site under the 'Misc Modification' heading. I have done a PDF document, which i can send you if you email me, see what you think, if it needs any additions / changes and then i'll post it on my site for others to share. Web site www.wrx-carpc.oc.uk

If there is any other info you need, just let me know. I only finished them last week, so its still fresh !!

Regards,

Steve
Old 15 October 2006, 03:23 PM
armogedden57
Scooby Regular

just incase anyone else is looking for help on this subject

sorry mate, just got your PM! have you installed the senders for the oil temperature and pressure? i had a sandwich plate (from ebay about £12) which fits between the oil filter and sump, makes life a shed load easier to fit, there is a site (think it may have closed down now!) which showed you the subaru blanking plugs where you can connect them, but they looked like a hell of a ball ache, taking belts off and the like. i took the boost pipe off the pipe out of the end of my dump valve with a t-connector i had (mines an aftermarket dump valve). for the gauge wiring, the reds are a permanent live, the oranges are illumination, the greens are sensor wires and the blacks are neutral. wired all the blacks together and to an earth point (anywhere on the body) i wired all the reds and oranges together (because i have smoked gauges they nedded to be lit up all the time to see them!) and wired them to the cable coming off the ignition barrel that powers your dials up (if you put a tester between the bodywork and the cables an see which one goes live when the ignition is on the second click) the green from the oil pressure to the cable from the oil pressure sender, and the oil temp green to the cable from the oil temp sender. the boost pipe goes straight onto the gauge. hope this helps mate, if not drop us a message. andy
Old 15 October 2006, 04:30 PM
Tissy
Scooby Regular

Although a lot of people use Sandwich plates, i was advised by Suabru not to use them as they are prone to leaks etc. Paca, if you do go for the Sandwich plate option, let me know as i have a brand new one here stillin the packet which is subsequently didn't use. They are about £30 new, i'll sell it cheaper than that !!

I went for the pipe method and it was installed without having to remove any belts etc. Depends on the year of car, but there are generally 2 plugs. One at the front which I think armogedden57 is refering to which requires alternator swinging out and belts losening, but there is another which is just about accesible!!

Turbo Gauge, very easy to fit !!

I'll finish of this PDF i have done and get it posted!!

Regards,

Steve
Old 15 October 2006, 05:57 PM
Paca
Scooby Regular

thankin you...steve..gentleman.