Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Folding rear seat for a Terzo

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2001, 07:42 PM
Big Lee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I`ve got a Terzo & as most of you know the rear seat does`nt fold down on this model. Does anyone know if it can be adapted using a standard rear seat mechanism to fold down?
Old 26 October 2001, 09:56 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Surely if the seat doesn't fold, this means that the rear bulkhead is fixed, therefore you ain't gonna gain by havin a seat that folds down only to reaveal the bulkhead.
I could be wrong though!
Ron
Old 27 October 2001, 12:52 AM
necromax
Scooby Regular

I have to say I like the fact that the seat doesn't fold down... discourages me or anyone else putting anything in there I shouldn't be carrying... thats what family saloons are for
Of course, the fact that I am fitting an amp and subs behind the seat also factor in this!
Old 27 October 2001, 10:06 AM
Big Lee
Scooby Regular

The rear bulkhad is the same as a UK spec Turbo only the seat does`nt fold down. So I can fully remove the rear upright & the boot is accessable from the interior of the car. I`ve heard that the back seat is "Jap spec" & apparantly they don`t fold down either. Anyone got an import they can confirm that for me??
The reason I want the seat to fold down is that I sometimes carry a couple of snowboards & they won`t fit into the boot & I don`t fancy a roof rack.
Old 30 October 2001, 06:09 PM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Lee,

I can confirm that Jap spec seats do not fold down. This is the reason I went for a UK rather than a WRX, since chucking the odd snowboard or mountain bike in the back of the Scoob is very useful. Your best option would be to go to a breakers and get some rear seats off another UK spec model (97 onwards, but not RB5 or P1 since they don't fold either).

Cheers,

Andy