Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

WRX MY04 Seat Change?

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2004, 09:11 AM
zerolight
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX MY04 Seat Change?

Was there a change to seating cloth for MY04? I just noticed that my seats have a different fabric to those shown in the brochure. They are also different to the one I checked out in Motorpoint. (My car is main dealer UK car). My seats also have airbags which I thought was an option rather than std equipment.

Anyone got pics of seats in their MY04 and MY03 for comparison?
Old 17 September 2004, 10:13 AM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Air bags in the seats have been standard since 03/04 blob eye came out. Non air bag seats have been standard on euro spec imports and JDM cars. I have 03 blob eye and managed to swap my air bag seats for euro spec non airbags seats, which have fatter side bolsters and better shoulder bolsters as well. The UK seats as mentioned on here before, leave a lot to be desired in holding you in securley but you do get the air bags. If you want to you may get some one to swap with you, or you could also find on here complete STi interior to buy and install. WRX seat material did not change on 03/04 cars as far as I am aware.

Regards

John

PS my car is UK dealer supplied don't mention to your dealer that you would like to change the seats, they will have a heart attack and bang on about warranty ect. My car has been in twice for servicing since the change and they have not yet spotted it yet.
Old 17 September 2004, 11:21 AM
zerolight
Scooby Regular

The seats in the Motorpoint cypress car and in the brochure have a kind of crotch patch on the seat. Cant think of a better way to describe it. And the material is a sort of mesh similar to that found on the recaros in an Accord Type R. My seats dont have the crotch panel, and have a kind of waffely material.

I'd not want to swap them as (a) I want the air bags, and (b) I find these seats much more comfy than the Euro ones.
Old 18 September 2004, 05:01 PM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you

mmm that's interesting. My 53 plate is a Euro import. The seats do not have airbags, but the seat base has like a fine netting over the top of the seat material. Crumbs and things are a nightmare to get out... I don't have the crotch panel (the panel in between your thighs). Is this the same as yours?

Email me a picture of your seats and I'll send you a picture of my seats later...

FWIW The STi7 (UK) has blue non-crotch panel seats, whereas the STi8 looks like it has those panels...WTF??!!??