Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Lockwood Dials

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2001, 11:36 PM
chrisnobbs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I fancy fitting some white or coloured dials to my 94 Scoob. The latest Lockwood adverts claim these are easier than ever to fit (don't need to remove needles etc.) Anyone got any experiences to share (dial fitting only please), I can't see an obvious way to get the dash to pieces, any clues?
Old 09 March 2001, 01:11 AM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

when i fitted white dials to my clio 16v i broke the needles for the fuel guage and the temp guage this was due to brittleness coz when i replaced them the needles slide off with out a problem.
and then after about a year the dials started to turn yellow even though the advert said they would not discolour. so i would not touch lockwood again but that is just my opinion.
Old 09 March 2001, 04:03 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Do a search on this subject as it has been covered a few times. Be very careful, as the temp and fuel needles dont come off and can break very easily (as I found out to my cost) The Lockwood ones I got weren't the new type that you slip over, mine has cutouts for the fuel and temp dials that you slip under the needles. If you don't find what you want, drop me a line and I'll try and help you out the best I can
Old 09 March 2001, 05:33 PM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

Talking

Hi Chris,

I've got an MY96 which I presume should have the same dash as you. I fitted some Lockwoods a couple of weeks ago. It takes about an afternoon to do carefully, but it's a piece of p1ss. There should be 4 screws on your instrument outer pod, undo them and the plastic cover comes off. Disconnect all the connectors to your switches (carefully) and remove this cover. you should then see 4 screws holding in your instrument cluster. undo them and pull the cluster out. Reach round the back and disconnect all the connectors. Drop your steering wheel to the low position to allow easier access and pull the cluster out. The front "glass" just prizes off then with a load of clips. The Lockwoods come with really good instructions, if I can do it anyone can! Just be careful cutting out the old fuel and temp gauges. I used electronics cutters. BE PATIENT and you won't break the needles. Be careful with the the speedo and rev counter needles. You have to pull them gently over their bump stops and mark where they come to rest (below 0)and put them back in the same place, otherwise you'll be ticking over at 4000rpm!

If you need any help email me or post another reply

hope this helps

Rich