Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Pedal Extensions

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 1999, 08:56 AM
andymac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,
How easy is it to replace the scoobys pedals with pedal extensions ? How are they removed and will any pedal extensions fit or should I use a specific make ?

cheers

Andy
Old 28 July 1999, 09:49 AM
Lee
Scooby Regular

Cool

The shiny drilled alloy ones make you go soooo much faster

Seriously, I am interested in these to continue on the heel&toe practice.

The Halfords near me has just been refurbished with a massive ripspeed section..all sorts of pedals there for round the 20 notes mark.
Old 28 July 1999, 11:18 AM
andymac
Scooby Regular

We've got Aluminium pedals in the FTO and the accellerator is huge (for just the H&T purpose). There's also a better? clutch footrest, but you moving from footrest to pedal, you can catch the side of your foot on the clutch pedal.

cheers

Andy
Old 28 July 1999, 01:07 PM
mike_nunan
Scooby Regular

I've got the Sparco carbon ones in my car and I'm very happy with them. Much easier to fit than the metal ones, since they flex to fit the pedal shape to some degree. You just take off the existing rubbers, drill a couple of holes in each pedal and there you go.

They're very smooth, which I like because you can slide your right foot slightly even while pressing the brake, but some people (especially anyone who wears leather-soled shoes) might disagree. This can easily be fixed by putting a strip of anti-slip tape on each pedal. I may well do this with the clutch on mine, as it can be a bit treacherous when you get in with wet trainers on.

-= mike =-
Old 28 July 1999, 05:08 PM
andymac
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ok. I assumed (obivously incorrectly) that you could unscrew the pedals from the "pedal things that go into the engine" (dead technical that!). I presume you have to use a drill to drill into the pedals (I know it should be obivous but I'm just checking !). Are all the "fixtures and fittings" included in the price of the pedals usually ? How slippy is slippy as well ? I see little point in buying a nice carbon pedal set and then having to cover them over with anti-slip tape !

thanks

Andy