Guage Fitting

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2004, 10:18 AM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Guage Fitting

Hi All,

I have just bought a set of Defi gauges and 3 pod a pillar housing from a lad on Scoobynet. He is getting them removed from his car this week coming. My question is, does anyone know of a good place in the Yorkshire area to get them properly fitted?

I have no idea how to fit these, where they attach to the engine etc and I would rather it was done properly than me making a hash of it. It's a boost, oil pressure and temp plus the Defi link module.

I live just north of Leeds, but am happy to travel a reasonable distance to get them fitted.

Anyone recommend any good independents?

Cheers,

Jamie
Old 09 April 2004, 11:32 AM
chrisgr
Scooby Newbie

How much does it cost ? and which type Jim?
Old 09 April 2004, 02:32 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

make sure you get the sensors as well as the dials / control unit or it'll cost you an arm and a leg to replace just the sensors

Apple
Old 09 April 2004, 08:21 PM
scoobydave14
Scooby Regular

Default defis fitting

hi mate just this minute fitted my defis to sti8 if u get the instructions its very very simple just make sure u get the adapter for the engine temp and take ur time good luck!
Old 10 April 2004, 10:06 AM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobydave14
hi mate just this minute fitted my defis to sti8 if u get the instructions its very very simple just make sure u get the adapter for the engine temp and take ur time good luck!

Good points lads, thanks. Dunno if it comes with sensors or not. I assume so, as he is putting the car back to standard in order to sell it, so I guess it's the whole lot.

They are standard white dialed 52mm Defi gauges, not sure if they are electrical or not....To be honest, I don't know much about them!

I'll raise the question!

picture of them found here : http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0...EW%20RB5/4.jpg

Last edited by Cheeky Jim; 10 April 2004 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10 April 2004, 12:07 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

they are Defi-Link electric gauges so have a look at the info on Defi-shop for what you need - it's the English language Defi site

Unless he's kept the blanking plug where the oil temp sensor fitted (assuming it's in the block rather than the sump plug) he'll need to get hold of an M18 plug so he can let you have the sensor - if it's being done at a dealer then they should sort that...

He'd also need an oil pressure sender unit to refit if he just used the defi warning settings. If he had a T-piece and used the defis along with the original sender so he could still have the light on the dash then get the T-piece off him as well just in case you want to use the dash light...

AFAIK the boost is a t-piece that goes into either a pipe by cutting it or by adding another short length in so isn't too difficult to remove.

Andy