Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Broken Clock - MY95

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2002, 11:40 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Not the most important of bits I'll admit, but it's annoying me now so I want it replaced. It just says 00 all the time and has done since about 1 year old, it was my mum's then and she did ask the dealer to replace but they never bothered/forgot/whatever. Reckon I could convince them they owe me a clock (which they do as it went within warranty!) and get a new one for nuffin - or is that just false hope?! Apparently they had a batch of dodgy clocks in the MY95s so they do know about it.
If the dealer aren't interested, how do I get the old one out myself, and will a breakers have that kind of item? Any guesses how much it's likely to be from a breakers or from the dealers?

Cheers,
Ben

PS. Where is the front fog light switch on a MY95 turbo? Mine's just a GL but I want a turbo(/sport) front bumper eventually. My alarm has just taken up the switch blanks next the the headlight washer switch so I hope it's not meant to be there. The only other sensible blanks I can see are next to the headlamp leveling switch.
Old 28 July 2002, 11:57 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From memory...
The front fog lamp switch is on the LHS of the steering wheel in the switch panel level with the steering column. It is the left most switch of these. (I think!)

Will check tomorrow when I get in the car

Good luck with the clock. I think your chances of a free one are thin, but anything's possible.