Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Harness eye lit bolts thread size

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2017, 08:17 PM
garyskisplym
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness eye lit bolts thread size

Does anyone know the size for eye lit bolts to connect harnesses for a blob eye sti please

Going to use 2 rear seatbelt and buckle mount points for shoulder straps

Then lap straps will use rear bolt hole for seat centre console side and out side point will use lower seat belt point ( guess this one will need to be a longer bolt)
Old 25 January 2017, 08:45 PM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive heard many people frown upon using the seatbelt buckle points for shoulder straps as the angle is too steep and could end up compressing your spine in a hard accident.

You could reinforce your rear shelf with some steel tube and then bolt in some eyelets as ive seen others do.
Old 25 January 2017, 09:45 PM
garyskisplym
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Dubzy
Ive heard many people frown upon using the seatbelt buckle points for shoulder straps as the angle is too steep and could end up compressing your spine in a hard accident.

You could reinforce your rear shelf with some steel tube and then bolt in some eyelets as ive seen others do.
When the angle is 40 degrees or higher it becomes an issue and i dont beleive they will be as my seats are very low mounted.

How do you reinforce the shelf can someone enlighten me on this please
Old 25 January 2017, 10:19 PM
Dubzy
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im planning on doing something similar that can be put in place just for track days and then removed again for road use. Ive had a few comments of people regarding the rear buckle points, not just in impreza's i may add and have said although it may fall into the acceptable angle range its not within the prefered range.

I will admit its not something i personally know much about so im just passing on the comments of others who have done similar. The reinforcement i have seen is a steel square tube fixed/welded below the parcel shelf with removable eylets bolted in.
Old 26 January 2017, 04:12 PM
garyskisplym
Scooby Newbie

Have you got any pics of the reinforcement pleas