Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A tale of 3 insurance sponsors...

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2013, 09:17 AM
RossyB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A tale of 3 insurance sponsors...

Well at the ample age of 28 i decided to buy my 1st Impreza, i found a very clean STi and set about getting some quotes, the usual companies like Admiral etc were all happy to quote, and although a little overpriced, not to the extent that id have though they may have been lol

So joined this forum, saw the sponsors and set about getting some quotes,..

1st i tried ringing Keith Michaels, after about a week of failed phone calls, and promised call backs that never happened, a couple of read but no replied to pm's on here and ignored website quote, i got sent a generic "we cant insure you at this time" email....thanks

2nd i rang Sky insurance, the guys there were very helpful and came in with a quote £300 cheaper than the likes of admiral etc, and very nearly took the a policy out then and there, but decided to call around a bit more.

3rd i rang Greenlight, and from the start they were superb, i was put through to a guy called Neil who was a real star, not only did they beat the above quote by over £100, Neil then, knowing i was looking at the car sunday and collecting monday, offered to pop into the office on bank holiday monday on hes own time and give me a call to push through my details and get me insured if i was buying the car, which he did and cant thank him enough

So id like to say a big thank you too Sky and Greenlight for taking the time to quote me and to Neil from greenlight for going the extra mile, will definitely be calling both companies for quotes when my daily Cupra R insurance is up in a couple of months

Ross
Old 07 May 2013, 10:36 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Ross - i spoke to your partner over a week ago, and told her we weren't able to quote, i assumed she'd advised you of this.

After that phone call you still requested a few internet quotes, but each time the details were different.
When that happens a lot of insurers will refuse to quote, as they don't like seeing the same risk come accross in different names, and different drivers.
Old 07 May 2013, 11:50 AM
RossyB
Scooby Regular

i did one quote with a 2nd driver, you then said as she's under 25 you couldn't insure us, so i asked for a quote for just me on the policy, a quote for a wrx and a sti to see how much difference, as i said i tried calling plenty of times, and was promised a call back 2-3 times and nobody bothered, so i spent my money elsewhere, thanks
Old 20 May 2013, 09:41 AM
drfeelgood
Scooby Regular

Same here , done quotes on Keith Michaels , sky and greenlight insurance , 44 years old , 22 yrs no claims , no mods 2004 wrx and only greenlight phoned once when I was driving and then never phoned back , waste of space all of them , they could of have the decency to at least email back and say we can't insure you or something but to just ignore you is bad customer service . Got insured with privilege for £460 fully comp which saved me £350 from my previous insurer Aviva .
Old 20 May 2013, 10:34 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by drfeelgood
Same here , done quotes on Keith Michaels , sky and greenlight insurance , 44 years old , 22 yrs no claims , no mods 2004 wrx and only greenlight phoned once when I was driving and then never phoned back , waste of space all of them , they could of have the decency to at least email back and say we can't insure you or something but to just ignore you is bad customer service . Got insured with privilege for £460 fully comp which saved me £350 from my previous insurer Aviva .
I'm surprised by this and sorry to hear it, all of our call backs and emails are up to date. If we didn't call customers back, we wouldn't have any.

Last edited by skyinsurance; 20 May 2013 at 10:36 AM.